Admiral insurnce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
Just had my renewal notice for E350cdi and Wife's Golf GTTDI on multi CAR policy £533 FC both with 20 years NCB . Put all the details of cars on money supermarket Admiral came back with MB £196 VW £144 that's a saving of £193 . Phoned Admiral up "okay Mr xxxxxxx we will alter the policy to match that" then she said we will add 50k personal injury which normally costs£29 for the full term of the policy plus if we continue to renew with them this will apply free of charge !!! .

good luck with that if you have to claim.
I'd rather pay the extra £193 and go elsewhere.

no matter how much cheaper admiral are i would never buy their insurance.

good luck with that if you have to claim.
I'd rather pay the extra £193 and go elsewhere.

no matter how much cheaper admiral are i would never buy their insurance.

Hi mat8n
I gather you have had a bad experience with Admiral , who really knows who are best to go with until they are unfortunately put to the test , still shopping around for the best price :thumb:

I've had a multicar policy with Admiral for the last 7 years, had 2 claims on it (not me) and they were brilliant, claims handling could not have been easier. One paid out within 6 weeks the other repaired within 9 days cant ask for more than that.

At renewal this year they were about £125 dearer than getting separate policies, so I spoke to them they looked at the quote we adjusted a few things (daughter now employed not a student) and the price came to £240 lower than I could get anywhere else.

I guess its like MB depend who you get and how they handle your business/claim that makes the difference

But no problem with Admiral from me :thumb:

Also be aware with Admiral you will have to declare if you have attended a speed awareness course as they will ask you this at the point of you purchasing the policy. If you have they will charge you extra!

Hi mat8n
I gather you have had a bad experience with Admiral , who really knows who are best to go with until they are unfortunately put to the test , still shopping around for the best price :thumb:

I was trying to get a multicar quote a few years back and the price kept changing everytime for no reason, and their excuses were scary even before any incident and the way they spoke to me and dealt with my inquiries was unpredictable. Totally put me off.
I'm now with Aviva for the multicar(about £10 more than admiral) and with Direct Line for my SL(cheapest), which I crashed last year and had excellent no nonsense service.

Insurance is different for everyone but I personally will never use Admiral out of principal and the way I was dealt with.

Used them for both my kids (actually one was with Bell, but you're talking to the same people).

Annoyed me the way the renewal jumped up every year, then they'd eventually match it based on comparison site quotes, often from other Admiral companies. But I put up with it, as they were about the cheapest of the names that at least you've heard of.

Then, same thing happened both times, once the kids became 25, the premium jumped up and they offered a token reduction, but were still way out compared to other companies.

Seems a very odd way of doing business - I never felt comfortable dealing with them and was glad to get away.

Was with admiral for 6 years with no problems... Decided to change to aviva as it came out slightly cheaper last time.... What a bunch of incompetent idiots, they put a claim on my account which was completely wrong and didn't even make me aware of it, it wasn't untill I checked my policy online for renewal that I realized, It then took them 6 months to get this claim removed from the insurers central database. They also messed up a claim made against my mrs... No damage to either car or injuries to anyone but a loss of no claims, how does that work when no claim was made?!?!?!

Unsure why the complaints as they are in business to make money. If you are not prepared to negotiate - which seems to be a British problem - then expect to pay over the market rate. Simples!
Get yourself a meerkat instead perhaps?

Unsure why the complaints as they are in business to make money. If you are not prepared to negotiate - which seems to be a British problem - then expect to pay over the market rate. Simples!
Get yourself a meerkat instead perhaps?

Same with cars, you don't ask you don't get. I've never bought a new car yet without negotiating discount, I want (and always get +20%) if not I don't play and take my money elsewhere. I also don't want long lead times I expect 12 weeks max if not I forget it and move on until someone can match the deal I want.

I've done this for the last 25 years with a 100% track record.

You are perfectly correct its a great British problem that we are reluctant to negotiate and those that are willing usually set their sights too low

They also messed up a claim made against my mrs... No damage to either car or injuries to anyone but a loss of no claims, how does that work when no claim was made?!?!?!

Don't quite understand that - there was a claim but no claim?

If someone, either the policyholder or a 3rd party, suggests or alleges a claim, then it's standard practice to remove NCB until the position is clarified. And that can take a long time.

2 bad experiences with them, 1st was when I met my wife, the 1st month we were together she completely totalled her 206, long story short.... They didn't pay out a penny as her policy(taken out 9 months previous) stated her and her last boyfriend where living together and she now was not!!!! Took the car (4500 worth) and crushed it/scrapped it, then it was our fault??? Second is another long story, short version I watched someone reverse into my car, crack the numberplate and sped off. I rang them for advise on finding the woman, out of anger, there was no damage, just a cracked number plate, before stating who I was I asked if the particular situation would effect my NCB "of course not, we require your details so when we find the offender we can take things further"........ Lost our NCB at renewal, their argument was they had "lost" the phone call in which it stated it would not effect it. And it's a recorded "incident" regardless of damage amount. Cancelled it, when they sent out our NCB, it was down by 2 YEARS! And it stated an "incident" was reported. Lunatics

I had the same problem two and a half years ago with Admiral. I returned to my car to find that an idiot had parked nose to nose with his bumper resting against mine. There was a very small mark.

Out of annoyance I contacted Admiral and asked if it was worth pursuing. They said that I would have to register it as a claim, so I declined.

When I renewed with them, the documentation stated that I had had an accident; it turns out they had logged this as an accident, even though I did not claim, and it wasn't my fault!

Not recommended!

Sounds like very mixed experiences with Admiral...no consistency. But the tales of accidents being recorded when there were no accidents means I refuse to consider them for future insurance policies.

Don't quite understand that - there was a claim but no claim?

If someone, either the policyholder or a 3rd party, suggests or alleges a claim, then it's standard practice to remove NCB until the position is clarified. And that can take a long time.

The position was clarified... No claim was made but her bonus was still taken away... Customer services are next to useless, they seem to run off 2 separate computer systems, and certain people can only access a certain system!

I wont use Admiral either since they refused to insure my wife because our son had had 3 accidents as a named driver on her policy (they shared a car). Wierdly my son had insurance accepted by Admiral about a month later despite his accident record.

I had excellent customer service with Admiral. They offered me 4 years "introductory" no claims bonus without sharing my details with them as I kept driving a car that was insured for any licensed driver.

Had some hiccups throughout the sales process but their manager took over, listen to what was committed to me on a phone call and personally signed off on it.

They also added class 1 business usage and legal cover and were almost £200 cheaper than any other insurer.

Admiral are great for young drivers like myself (22). I have my W210 E55 AMG, R129 30024v SL and w124 300ce (Heavily modified) all for less than 1k and with low excess. They have recently introduced a classic car discount for any age, which is very useful for myself!

I was with on the Admiral multi car policy for a couple of year. Everytime it came to renewal the price was significantly hiked and only way to get it down was to go through the joy of using a comparison website and go back to admiral with the online reference. Always knocked a couple of hundred quid off!
Eventually got fed up and seeked individual quotes for my wife and i with both of us as additional drivera for the other. Lo and behold - much cheaper then the Admiral multi car policy!

harvin1975 said:
I was with on the Admiral multi car policy for a couple of year. Everytime it came to renewal the price was significantly hiked and only way to get it down was to go through the joy of using a comparison website and go back to admiral with the online reference. Always knocked a couple of hundred quid off! Eventually got fed up and seeked individual quotes for my wife and i with both of us as additional drivera for the other. Lo and behold - much cheaper then the Admiral multi car policy!

EXACTLY the same here.

Bloody annoying too, because I now have 3 cars insurance to pay on the same day rather then spread over the year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom