Admiral vs Admiral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is this insurance sorcery all you gents talk of? 😂

I insure both cars with Admiral. Have done so for a few years, always the cheapest. However, the good lady had a mishap with the Mercedes so looking like there will be a penalty to pay this year.
Admiral were first class in sorting out my claim and getting my car repaired.
Well the premium just came in from Admiral, increase of around £200. This was expected after my claim late last year. The bill to repair my car was £3,500 and I note from the documents they paid out £6,500 on personal injury claim to the occupants of the car my wife “hit”. This was a scam if ever there was one. I don’t understand why it was not challenged to court.

Anyway, I was happy to pay the increased quotation, given the service we had and the claim handling process.

Less aggro for the insurance companies to stump up unless they have evidence to prove otherwise.

I'd still shop around for a quote as you may be able to get your preferred insurer on a comparison site cheaper. Be loyal to your pocket first and foremost.

I use a simple method that has worked well for the last two years. Phone up the day you get the renewal quote - they consider you a lower risk than someone who phones up just before your insurance is due to expire. Offer them the chance to 'come back with a better price before you trawl the market for a better quote'. Because you have phoned the day you get the renewal quote they know you have time to research a better quote. For the last two years they have comeback with a quote that was lower than the previous year's price and therefore significantly less than the renewal price. This has worked across two cars for two years as I am now paying less than two years ago. Always watch out for the little extras you don't need that they slip in as well.
UPDATE:
Did this again this year for my MB renewal, phoned the day after the renewal advice came through. They had increased the premium on last year by 4%. On offering the chance to come back with a better quote before I trawled the market the new price offered was 6.5% lower than last years premium for exactly the same cover.

My Admiral policy renewal went up this year, so I hit the comparison and cashback sites. Sure enough, I got a quote that, after cashback, was lower.
I phoned Admiral and spoke to a very helpful lady in South Africa! She spoke to her manager and, sure enough, came back saying that they would match the quote I'd had. Got to admit, I was quite surprised!

I phoned Admiral and spoke to a very helpful lady in South Africa!

Both my 'kids' had their insurance with Admiral and I often seemed to speak to people in Halifax - Nova Scotia! They were always helpful but loved to chat - an hour at a time disappeared.

Must say I was glad to get away from them - it was a battle every year with the premium being significantly increased when it should have been going down as they got older and NCB increased. The really odd thing, and this happened with both of them two years apart, is the premium increased dramatically when they hit 25 and that time Admiral wouldn't budge other than by a token amount.

It's also quite strange that despite the girls living in similar areas, having similar levels of job and car, LV is cheaper for one and Aviva for the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom