adrian flux and premium credit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've checked darrell and it is right.
What im most annoyed with is the very unfair 50 percent charge of the policy for cancellation after only 15 days.
Not a lot i can do about it though.
You've got more important stuff to deal with at the moment, but in the future you might want to consider writing to the Financial Conduct Authority and draw their attention to AF's practice. FCA seem to clamping down on this sort of practice.

They had a good reputation for insuring modified cars, and I used them once on a modified (not hugely) car to save hassle at short notice. I could have had the same cover for 40% less (both single payment). I haven't bothered calling them again.

Afraid that AF are brokers, and as such receive a big back hander from the insurers for your trade and also the finance company that supplies your loan, all paid up front and none returnable. Somebody has too pay these fees and im Afraid its you.
Never used them myself. Was looking for classic insurance today actually and found a great deal with Hastings. After your episode with AF, don't think i will look any further. You or anybody would be better paying for the year by bank loan or credit card if you can, that way you would at least get something back to you.
Dodgy, robbing, barstuards.

Afraid that AF are brokers, and as such receive a big back hander from the insurers for your trade and also the finance company that supplies your loan, all paid up front and none returnable. Somebody has too pay these fees and im Afraid its you.
Never used them myself. Was looking for classic insurance today actually and found a great deal with Hastings. After your episode with AF, don't think i will look any further. You or anybody would be better paying for the year by bank loan or credit card if you can, that way you would at least get something back to you.
Dodgy, robbing, barstuards.
Are you sure there is no clawback on the commission?

Sadly i dought it as they have been paid for their contractual work, they have done their bit, thanks and goodbye is their attitude.
Could try the financial ombudsman.

Really sad hearing about your situation. I've had a similar experience before where i had to pay pro rata 2 months worth of my policy for 21 days of car insurance.

In the end it was in the T & C's and i had no recourse (no where near the amount your being stung).

Unfortunately on the occasions i have called AF they have never been competitive nor wanted my business. Which in most cases i'm glad that they weren't after hearing story after story.

If you need another insurer i can recommend Jeremy @ Keith Michaels who was competitive for me on my W204 C63 with modifications.

I've checked darrell and it is right.
What im most annoyed with is the very unfair 50 percent charge of the policy for cancellation after only 15 days.
Not a lot i can do about it though.
I think you've done plenty about it.
No one reading this is going to rush to Adrian Flux in the future.
It's the last place I'd be looking for insurance.

Most insurers are rubbish.
It's just that some are more "rubbish" than others.

Spread the word! They hate it when you do this!

This one is my favourite:

😀 🤣 I'd like that twice if I could, just for 'die bollicol'...

Adrian Flux were very convenient, though rather poor value for money, for me, but that's all, and I let the policy run to expiry. They must be good value for some people, or they wouldn't be in business, though for simple remaps Admiral are fine up to a 25% power increase at very little extra cost. It does rather sound, though, as if if you need to cancel a monthly-payment policy with them you're going to have your leg massively lifted.

Adrian Flux were very convenient, though rather poor value for money, for me, but that's all, and I let the policy run to expiry. They must be good value for some people, or they wouldn't be in business, though for simple remaps Admiral are fine up to a 25% power increase at very little extra cost. It does rather sound, though, as if if you need to cancel a monthly-payment policy with them you're going to have your leg massively lifted.
I've been with AF for 15 years and they have been good value for me. Usual hassle with the call centre mentality and their inability to understand even the basic principles of insurance contracts and law, but no different to any other call centre. I've no idea what they'd be like in the event of a claim though. Saving grace might be the fact that some of their policies are underwritten by Hagerty so you have a massive target to aim at if things go wrong.
Going back to the Op's original complaint, I hope that this aspect of massive penalties required by some intermediaries for cancelling a policy will be stopped, in the same way that "restocking" fees (Ok not exactly the same) is not allowed under consumer legislation.

I still have two vehicles with AF, have used them on and off over the years for modded cars that must won't touch or charge silly amounts for. And, strangely, minibuses/campers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom