Adrian Flux Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
I turned 20 in November, I drive a '98 W202 with a few mods, I was with Direct Line insurance. Naturally I was paying a ridiculous premium of £1900 a year and they only knew partially about my mods, and even said some of the mods I wanted to do would cause me to be uninsurable because I was under the age of 24. Bloody stupid... Even my Avantgarde grill would have voided my insurance. So I started to look elsewhere for a company that wasn't so childish.

I found out that Adrian Flux insurance deal with modded cars, and seeing as most modded cars belong to people around my age, I gave em a call. INCLUDING ALL my my mods and the ones I want to do later on, eg 18s, my premium came to £1300 with an excess of £300.

I told Direct Line to go fornicate themselves with a tin can and now I'm insured with Adrian Flux for 1/3 less, and it includes all my mods. Kick ass.

Adrian flux quoted me about £500 MORE than directline!

Directline weren't interested in the avantgarde grill once I told them it was a factory part! In fact factory wheels, bodykit, exhaust, pedals, mirrors and a bunch of other stuff made zero difference to my premium (well, £8 or something!).

Insurance threads are boring! No two people have found the same company cheaper! :)

The formula for insurance premiums

Age of car * age of owner / day in month * Insert random figure here * Number of days its rained this month = Premium. Should driver be under 25 and 3 digit figure is fiven please add another 0 :D :devil: :rolleyes:

Thmsshaun said:
The formula for insurance premiums

Age of car * age of owner / day in month * Insert random figure here * Number of days its rained this month = Premium. Should driver be under 25 and 3 digit figure is fiven please add another 0 :D :devil: :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! That said, I also think the number of days it rained this month sould be on top..

It's like all insureres - some are right for you - others not. Adrian Flux were highly recommended to me with high expectations - in reality were miles more expensive than First Alternative.

With all insurance - you have to shop around for the right deal for you and your car and your driving type - business, sundays only etc.

I've had a LOT of experiences with Adrian Flux - some very good, some dire

For a quote for a VERY heavily modified car - they come through nine times out of ten as by far the cheapest. Dans CRX has 4 pages of modifications mainly for power/performance and flux were the cheapest by about £1000!

However - Fail to answer a single letter for whatever reason, fail to send in a copy of great grandmas birth/wedding/death certificates etc and they will cancel your policy instantly.

We had the VVC Rover coupe with Flux for ages and were still with them when we swapped to the SL. As we only had about 5 months of the Rover policy to run I just tranferred cover to the new car.
They covered us immediately over the phone, and said they would send out all necessary paperwork. 5 days later we get a letter saying that they hadnt recived X,Y,Z, bits of paper (we had recieved nothing). The letter stated that all cover was cancelled and they were applying "short term ins rates" (read incredibly expensive) and deducting them from the full amount I paid by debit card when we bought the car.
This went on for about 3 weeks, even when we sent every piece of paper they needed, there would be still more threats to "cancel all cover by 17:00 tomorrow!
From what i have read this is not rare occurence either - their way of "dealing" with customers is to bully/threaten them even when its their fault!

We finally got it sorted with them but even now my initial reaction to hearing the name is to cringe.

Half a year later Direect line covered us for a LOT less than Flux could

So - If you are young, have a heavily modified car, want to use Nitrous on the road etc - Flux are a really good bet if you can handle the hassle that goes with dealing with them

Mark

In my foolish youth (not that long ago) I had a Cav Turbo 4x4 with 18s, 330mm rotors and six pot calipers, lowered suspension and strut braces - all of that in order to bring a halt to the super laggy hybrid turbo fed with a water cooled intercooler. 290hp, 4wd and a six speed box in the early nineties kicked ass until the butter soft transfer box gave up.

Adrian Flux were about the only people that would touch it and when I inevitably stuck it into a rather unforgiving roundabout were very quick to offer me a measly sum in return.

Once I pointed out that they had insured about 9K of mods and taken my money for it, they eventually offered me more than double the original.
So in my experience - Yes they do insure big mods, Yes they will try to shaft you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom