Adrian Flux ( rob dog) insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tec said:
I will charge you £53 for letting me know this. :)

"Is there anything else I can help you with today":)

Had this in the past with Dial Direct
Needed to insure a car which was not being used and was for sale. Explained very carefully that the car may sell this week/this month/next month/who knows when? Was advised that when cancelling the policy I would only be charged pro-rata and no mention of any additional fees.
A few weeks later, phoned them to cancel & they try the cancellation fee/short term cover addition/etc and offered me less than half the original policy fee back.
Argued the toss with them & got nowhere Requested a copy of their recording of the original phone call which they always tell you they are making for "training purposes" - refused.
Complaint to the insurance ombudsman.
Strangely, when the insurance ombudsman (at my suggestion) requested a copy of the original phone call it couldn't be found (even though I had given a date & time of the call).
Does make you wonder what was on that recording which vanished.
Ombudsman came down on my side.

Last edited:
They'd have had to pay for the decision too

People think they've signed away their rights but if the t&cs are one sided they're pretty much unenforceable

I think you lost a good opportunity to tell them in that case cancel the renewal and whistle for the admin fee.

Well they did phone up today to ask me about their quote for the new MB so I told Aviva what had happened so they had lost my business this year. It made me feel better but at the end of the day the lady just works for the company so it was not her fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom