Adrian Flux ( rob dog) insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

I know this has been on a previous thread but can't work the search thing. My camper's been insured for two months( total cost paying on the drip £240) and they want £142 to cancel the policy. They can't freeze the insurance and 6 months was never an option. Must be such hard work to cancel a policy. Just another example of un policed daylight robbery where you can't even go into someone's office and curl one up on their desk!

Does one curl one 'up?' I thought it was 'out.'

Back on topic. That does sound harsh and a very poor experience.

Tim203 said:
I know this has been on a previous thread but can't work the search thing. My camper's been insured for two months( total cost paying on the drip £240) and they want £142 to cancel the policy. They can't freeze the insurance and 6 months was never an option. Must be such hard work to cancel a policy. Just another example of un policed daylight robbery where you can't even go into someone's office and curl one up on their desk!

I insured a range rover with them cancelled after 6 weeks. It was £1150 for the policy I paid £576 for 7 weeks. I went mad and haggled it down by £200 but that's it. If I didn't push for 4 hours on the phone I'd have to pay it.

I guess the question is - did you read and understand their Terms and Conditions before accepting and paying for their insurance.

For sure, insurance companies get a bit tetchy on short term cover and customer cancellations...due to a lot of fraud and folks running cars on cancelled policies blagging the police with outdated documents etc.

Spin_bowler said:
Does one curl one 'up?'

Defo curl one up in Devon, it's the same as curling one out but with a bit of styling on it!

moonloops said:
I guess the question is - did you read and understand their Terms and Conditions before accepting and paying for their insurance. For sure, insurance companies get a bit tetchy on short term cover and customer cancellations...due to a lot of fraud and folks running cars on cancelled policies blagging the police with outdated documents etc.
A very fair and valid point. I think my objection is the lack of choice on something that is a legal requirement, and the completely unashamed methods of extorting our hard earned Dollar from us.

Last edited:
Or laying a cable :D

in these days on internetery...surely "logging on" is the appropriate phrase for "parking ones breakfast".

Got to remember that AF are not the insurance company just an intermediary and they will be bound by the T and Cs applicable to their contract with the actual Insurers. One AF policy I had a while back was underwritten by a panel of Insurers who each had a percentage of the risk. Insurance is not always as simple as it appears! Still think that in real terms car insurance is cheap compared to what it was years ago.

Worth remembering even if one pays monthly the policy is for the year and costs/risks are not pro rata. Had you requested a 2 month term I'm sure the premium would have been much higher.
They would be perfectly within their rights to charge you the total price for the year.It's you that has terminated the contract. All in the T&Cs I expect

First thanks to Danaf for his kind offer.
I think the point for me as has been highlighted by others here, justifying the clerical charge for cancelling.why should gunning pay more to cancel than me just because it's a more expensive policy for a Range Rover. Same amount of work or? If it was £40 I would say fair enough. It's all very well putting T&Cs saying if you dare cancel were gonna pull down your pants and give you a damn good spanking. It's just the same as insurances saying if you don't reinsure within 6 months you lose no claims proof. What gives them the right to rewrite history? It's unfair. If I said to customers ,'if you don't buy another one of our products within the year I can no longer warranty the part you have' it wouldn't go down well. They would go elsewhere. Problem is with insurance you have no choice. A had a policy that lapsed for a couple of weeks.To renew it I spent a rake of time and money on the phone and then had to provide proof of no claims bonus FFS. Beggars belief ! Why not look on the data base. Maybe someone isolated it at Hinckley point!

Little regional differences that make the UK a great place to live. Bit like jam or cream first on your scone.

You must eat some strange things round your way … … …

With 13 days to go before my Aviva policy ended I told them that I was reducing their risk to zero as I had sold my car but the new one hadn't arrived yet. They charged me an admin fee for the information.

With 13 days to go before my Aviva policy ended I told them that I was reducing their risk to zero as I had sold my car but the new one hadn't arrived yet. They charged me an admin fee for the information.

I will charge you £53 for letting me know this. :)

I think you lost a good opportunity to tell them in that case cancel the renewal and whistle for the admin fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom