Adrian flux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Athey

Car
C63amg
Had my quotation last week for the next year. £2700.
Straight on the phone to them and spoke to an amazing lady who got it down to £1000.
That’s going above and beyond. Just need to know where to send her a big bunch of flowers.

Ouch! I have 11 yrs no claims, no accidents convictions or claims and a spotless licence. The fact I live on a council estate goes against me which isn’t fair, and I argued this.

^It's very unfortunate and the postcode lottery really can be the difference between being able to run a performance car and not.

Out of interest, what was your premium last year?

Had my quotation last week for the next year. £2700.
Straight on the phone to them and spoke to an amazing lady who got it down to £1000.
That’s going above and beyond. Just need to know where to send her a big bunch of flowers.
Shame they couldn’t for a grand in the first place.

Been with AF for years, same old process. always quote sky high then call them up to get £300 off.

Slightly cheaper than my Lexus is250, and that only had 200 bhp. Used to go off your driving history, but alas like said, it’s a postcode lottery now.

Been with AF for years, same old process. always quote sky high then call them up to get £300 off.
I ditched AF because of that, I let them get away with a higher quote, which they reduced on price match one year. The next year they again came out much higher than a competitor, and offered their price match, but why should I do their research?

If they could do it once challenged, they should have done it initially.

Adrian Flux are no better or worse than any of the multitude of intermediaries that have sprung up- all pretty much of a muchness, all of them. As far as post code lotteries are concerned, it seems to me that formal underwriting criteria are a thing of the past and the only lottery is what price you can negotiate. Horse trading springs to mind.

Never found them competitive for me but as others have said depends on you circumstances. My SL3 on £216 pa. £1k would give me a cardiac!

I've just called them back to accept a quote and they said they cannot insure me now due to background checks??!! I've used them numerous times and insure 3 other cars with other companies (plus i'm knocking on 40 now!) No idea why that is.....

I've just called them back to accept a quote and they said they cannot insure me now due to background checks??!! I've used them numerous times and insure 3 other cars with other companies (plus i'm knocking on 40 now!) No idea why that is.....

Perhaps an undeclared incident (regardless of fault) in the last 3 years or recent address change that doesn’t match your credit history. If you are paying monthly it could also be related to your credit score.

Have you tried companies which offer a multi car policy, and can mirror NCD on at least one other car? Always worth chopping and changing companies when you have a few cars and not all have full NCD.

It doesn't necessarily mean that you are dodgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom