ADSL Providers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Advice please guys.... I have been with Pipex for 3 years now and it has only just been upgraded to 1.1mb.... The service is awful and I want a change...

I'm looking for unlimited everything to include connection and a modem for around £25 per month....

Any ideas?????

USB modem?

I've just switched to PlusNet. 2Mb, unlimited, £14.99 per month. You can get a USB modem frmo them for nothing as part of the sign-up deal. www.plus.net

Worth a look.

If you do not mind me asking - what is so bad?

I moved to pipex earlier this year from... AOL and have never looked back.

I only lost service for an hour or so!

mobe

I have just signed up for this looks too good to be true but we'll see.

£20 a month for 24meg downloads and 1meg uploads.

BT have just upgraded their download limits ....

So for (I think) £27 you get a 1mb connection with 40gig limit, plus, if you stray over it occasionally, then it's not a bother.

Alternatively, have a read over the forums at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

K

Wheelie said:
Advice please guys.... I have been with Pipex for 3 years now and it has only just been upgraded to 1.1mb.... The service is awful and I want a change...

I'm looking for unlimited everything to include connection and a modem for around £25 per month....

Any ideas?????

Freedom to surf (www.f2s.com) unlimited downloads, static IP, 200MB webspace, lots of email addresses, 2Mbit speed, £24.99. Can upgrade to 8Mbit if/when available in your area at no extra cost.

100% reliable. Rolled it out to some of our users at home.

some serious advise for you.

DONT USE A MODEM ON BROADBAND!!!

My broither, who is the head of R&D of a large IT company (they do F1's website for example) connected 5 pooters up to an ADSL line, separately, all with modems. They had 1) no security to 5) every type of software secutity you can get.

guess how long it took before they were compromised (hacked)?

15 seconds. :eek: :eek:

get a 'router' - and get someone who knows what they are doing to set it up.

</OT>

Try Eclipse www.eclipse.co.uk and compare with others on www.adslguide.co.uk

Slightly off topic, but following on from Guy's comments.......

When you use a modem, (generally) you will find that by default both the " Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" are bound to it.
Most firewalls let this traffic through, again by default......then your PC is shouting to the internet "I'm here, running Windows, Hack me !!!" as it looks for a Browse Master thingy.

WL

I get 2Meg, unlimited downloads for just over a tenner a month-BUT I do work for BT-dont all shout at once!

I have just changed from Wanadoo onto Eclipse. They are doing a special offer for free 24/7 telephone calls at present.

I haven't been with them long enough to comment about reliability, but have transferred because of all the excellent reviews, and my frustration with the total lack of support from Wanadoo. (see Pammy's post and my reply)

John

glojo said:
I have just changed from Wanadoo onto Eclipse. They are doing a special offer for free 24/7 telephone calls at present.

I haven't been with them long enough to comment about reliability, but have transferred because of all the excellent reviews, and my frustration with the total lack of support from Wanadoo. (see Pammy's post and my reply)

John

Wanadoo customer service - see link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/20/wanadoo_india/

Says it all really

Mike

Have Been Using Demon Internet for about 12 years now... no probs at all in this time, so i'm sticking with these guys. £25 pm 2meg line unlimited.. free helpline.. Downtimes.. very rare

I think i am going to move away from bt. I use my work email so no worries on that one. How to i go about getting the Mac Key from BT?

Last edited by a moderator:
SEM said:
Have Been Using Demon Internet for about 12 years now... no probs at all in this time, so i'm sticking with these guys. £25 pm 2meg line unlimited.. free helpline.. Downtimes.. very rare

hehe, i used to work for them .

Ive got a 2 meg ntl line and its like lightning. Cable modems are the way to go if you can get it in your area. 20meg+ is coming to cable modems soon

2 meg ntl is £20 a month with 100g recomended downloads per month , no means fixed.

fuzzer said:
...2 meg ntl is £20 a month with 100g recomended downloads per month , no means fixed.
Are you on a special promotion Jase?

I thought ntl's 2meg service was £24.99 pcm. :confused: with a 30GB cap per month.

http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadband

Long term ntl have stated they will upgrade all users to 10 megabit and charge according to how much users will download, which seems a fairer way to charge to me.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom