Adventures with Codes p0471 and p101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucky8

Car
C200
Just thought I'd post this to help some poor bodger like myself with an issue that bamboosled me for weeks. So first off it's a 2013 C200 (W204). Bought it it went great for a few weeks then after going over the speed ramps into work one morning it went into limp mode but no EML appeared!. Strange I thought...so straight home and plugged in the OBD2 reader. P0471 came up. So onto the forum to check it, seemed it was the pressure sensor that sits beside the EGR (EBP exhaust back pressure). Bought a new one and replaced it, cleared the code, all was well for a couple of days, then same thing happened. The sensor had been fine but was pointing me to another issue. Then the EML came on with a p0101 code (MAF). The engine ran sweet, so I rekoned the MAF was fine. On further investigation I found a split in the bottom intercooler hose. This meant it was asking the MAF to measure unmetered air. Replaced it and tried to clear the faults. No chance my kit just wasn't up to it. Took it to an indie garage. The mechanic told me that the brain had been compensating for the fault for so long that it was totally outta wack. A re-alignment thru the STARS system and we were good to go. It's never looked back. So if your EBPsensor goes off it might be faulty, but could also be pointing towards an issue somewhere else in your electrics/sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom