Advice Booking Formula One Tickets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
If all goes well I will be going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this year. Having never been to a grand prix, I have been trying to weigh up which ticket to get. Grandstand club tickets are available although I'm not too bothered with the club/hospitality side. What I would like to do is get some access to the paddock and pitlane after the race. Are these included in any packages? There seems to be plenty of people wandering around in these areas after the race. Has anyone ever booked this as an extra or have any contacts? Or is it paddock club tickets only? If so, I'd have to rule it out as the prices are astronomical!

Grandstand tickets on a straight are not much fun. You just see cars whizzing past.

I'd be looking for something with a view of an overtaking spot and also a big screen so that you know what is going on.

Don't forget to take your ear defenders.

Hi,
From memory - you won’t be able to get access to the paddock or pits on race day without very special tickets!
You can go most places on the Thursday and Friday - but not on the Saturday or Sunday with normal 4 day tickets.
As mentioned above - there are far better locations than the main start/finish grandstand for better views of the action!
We have not been since 2014 - because being last race of the season - it’s all over by then!
Met a few of the drivers on the Thursday at the 2014 race!
Cheers
Steve

Good point about not having Grandstand seats, I'll have a look at turn one or another section.
Looks like I need to find someone in the know who has a friend of a friend of a friend of a mechanic lol

Can’t offer any advice on tickets Bob but good luck in getting what you want. I’m sure it’ll be a fab experience whichever tickets you end up with. :thumb:

Not been to Abu Dhabi, I hope you have a great trip.

Last GP we went to was Melbourne 2014 and we had grandstand seats on the exit of the last corner (Senna stand I think). Bought the tickets here in Blighty, ( Buy official Formula 1 tickets and VIP Packages | Gootickets ). Collected them near the circuit on the first day of practice, I think we'd missed the deadline for UK delivery as we ordered them quite late. Pretty seamless though and at the time still knew someone that could get us into the paddock and one of the (Red) garages which was a welcome bonus. ;)

For Le Mans, we've twice got tickets from Motor Racing International - Formula 1 & Le Mans Tours with grandstand seats by the start/finish line, again pretty seamless. Big difference is with Le Mans there is plenty of time to and watch the race from other parts of the circuit and having a seat by the finishing line is great for the end of race atmosphere.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies gents. This may be the only GP I go to as with my health its very difficult to travel far etc hence why I want to get the best I can for a reasonable budget. I don't even mind paying for special access but I guess they can't beat bought.

Hi,
North and West Grandstands give you great views of the action!
We buy our tickets direct from Yasmarinacircuit.com
Once this years tickets go officially on sale - they will offer an early bird discount.
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
North and West Grandstands give you great views of the action!
We buy our tickets direct from Yasmarinacircuit.com
Once this years tickets go officially on sale - they will offer an early bird discount.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the link. Does this mean that other ticket sellers offering packages haven't actually got tickets to sell yet?

Hi Steve, thanks for the link. Does this mean that other ticket sellers offering packages haven't actually got tickets to sell yet?
Well - living here, we normally get bombarded with radio adverts the moment tickets go on sale and that has not happened yet!
They are certainly not available directly from Yas yet - but I don’t know what arrangements they have with 3rd party sellers.

Good point about not having Grandstand seats, I'll have a look at turn one or another section.
Looks like I need to find someone in the know who has a friend of a friend of a friend of a mechanic lol[/QUOTE

There will be many Grandstands - personally I don't like those on the main straight!

Went to Singapore GP a couple of years ago. GP tickets were bundled in with a cruise. We took an upgrade on the "standard" grandstand but were not particularly impressed with the upgraded grandstand.
Talking with someone else on our cruise, he said that they had bought tickets which allowed them to access all of the circuit and they also had pit access (not sure if that was on race day though).
We were perhaps a bit "green" and didn't ask all the right questions when booking the tickets.

There will be many Grandstands - personally I don't like those on the main straight!

Looking more carefully - I agree. Not so much the grandstand itself but I'd like to potentially see some action rather than them just whizz past.

Went to Singapore GP a couple of years ago. GP tickets were bundled in with a cruise. We took an upgrade on the "standard" grandstand but were not particularly impressed with the upgraded grandstand.
Talking with someone else on our cruise, he said that they had bought tickets which allowed them to access all of the circuit and they also had pit access (not sure if that was on race day though).
We were perhaps a bit "green" and didn't ask all the right questions when booking the tickets.

This is where I am right now lol. A bit 'green' and don't want to waste money on an average experience

Well - living here, we normally get bombarded with radio adverts the moment tickets go on sale and that has not happened yet!
They are certainly not available directly from Yas yet - but I don’t know what arrangements they have with 3rd party sellers.

If you do hear anything on the radio let me know please Steve, thanks

Absolutely! will do!
When you get to Abu Dhabi - I will be happy to meet you and show you around!

Wow such a nice gesture Steve, may take you up on that!

Another example of how great our members are!

We went to Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November. Got tickets from Yaz Marina direct. Cheapest way to get them, buy early & get 30% off if I remember correctly. We were in the South Stand. End of a long straight into a double chicane then downhill into a tight right hander.
We couldn’t see the start/finish line but had massive screens facing us with a running commentary, which you couldn’t hear when the cars come screaming down into the corners. Fantastic noise from turbos & exhausts. We saw some overtaking manoeuvres as well, no idea how they can pass each other hammering into tight corners without colliding. You can also see into the Marina & across to the hotel from this stand. The place comes alive when it gets dark & all the lights come on. After the race the firework display is immense. Fantastic day. Go see it, you’ll remember it forever.

We also went on a trip from a cruise ship to go on the track tour a couple of years ago. We got into the grandstands, the pit lane then the drivers room & got to get our photos taken on the winners podium holding a trophy. A bit naff, but we enjoyed it.

We went to Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November. Got tickets from Yaz Marina direct. Cheapest way to get them, buy early & get 30% off if I remember correctly. We were in the South Stand. End of a long straight into a double chicane then downhill into a tight right hander.
We couldn’t see the start/finish line but had massive screens facing us with a running commentary, which you couldn’t hear when the cars come screaming down into the corners. Fantastic noise from turbos & exhausts. We saw some overtaking manoeuvres as well, no idea how they can pass each other hammering into tight corners without colliding. You can also see into the Marina & across to the hotel from this stand. The place comes alive when it gets dark & all the lights come on. After the race the firework display is immense. Fantastic day. Go see it, you’ll remember it forever.

This sounds just what I am after. I've signed up on the yas marina website for F1 tickets, hopefully they will be out soon. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom