Advice for a possible MB convert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes the Honda FR-V also uses 3x3 seating. Seem to remember the McLaren F1 had 3-abreast seating too :D

Been having a nose on tinternet and the Mazda 5 looks like a sound choice going to have to part with abit more than 5G though, but it looks the part and the sport is 145bhp they are built very soundly too with top scores on reliability testing. Only problem for me is it ain't German.

In response to questions from Hawk20:

The car at weekends(Saturday to be precise) would be 6 with little luggage.

On main holidays i usually stick the roof box on the Audi so i would have no isusse putting one on a E class.

How dependable are E classe's are they hassle free around 1996-2001?

How dependable are E classe's are they hassle free around 1996-2001?

Others more knowledgeable than me will no doubt contribute as well, but mechanically they are pretty sound.

The key is to find one without any rust. There are lots with no rust, so you will find one, which has either been treated or has not been affected yet.

Keep it waxoyled, and keep an eye on it and it will treat you well. My Dad has a 2000 320, great car, a few rust probs on the front wings, which were sorted out FOC by MB as it had a full MB History.

There are a few horrors out there (See Televisions thread), but if you buy on condition and history you should be fine.

There were 6 in my family - my parents bought VW camper vans (60s and 70s).

When I was very young (early 70's) our neighbours the Shufflebottoms, (their real name :rock:) were a family with 5 children ranging from 18 to about 9. I remember the day they replaced their Comma van with a Transit, I guess options were limited.

Ade

How about an eight seater Mercedes limo..?

0947091001193594596.jpg

Only £1800!

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/25244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom