Advice for Audio 1999 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

My320CLK

Car
CLK320 1999 Convt
Hi All,

Just after ppls thoughts have a 1999 W208 CLK Soft top had it for a couple of years and hate the factory audio its the basic audio 10 cd unit and std speakers (No bose) to compare my old MKI Focus sounded better and also heard a late Fiesta (highish spec) and really liked the sound,

What I've researched is the doors have tweeter and 6.5 plus rear 4inch speakers plus a 8inch sub in between the rear seats, I used to know a bit but forgotten most of it,

Ideally cheap as poss max £150 for speakers but much less is better, just want a smooth sound, not interested in mega bass so no massive subs, listen to the local radio mix of music, I believe need to be carefull that the speakers are shallow enough to fit,

What I have......

Brand New Alpine CDE-173BT - sounded different mush crisper but no warmth or depth bit thin,

I also have somewhere assuming it still works a Genesis Profile 4 amp (it uses modules so need to see if I can still get them), which I think is 4x 75rms or 2x 75 and the rear 3&4 can be bridged,

If I can avoid the pain of amping the better don't really want to rip the car apart, good quality oem std modern car would be good,

Any thoughts please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom