Advice for cls 350cdi owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
Just picked up a 50k 2010 cls and want to do all the necessary servicing to it. So as a starting point I will detail the things I think need to be done and please add to the list as required:

• Oil change and filter (5w30 every 10k or per year)
  • air filter (every 10k or per year)
  • brake fluid every two years
    • what fluid do I need for this?
    • What is the procedure for this, i.e the same as it is on many older car?
  • Fuel filter (every 30k)
    • what is the procedure for this? Seems simple as unbolting the part. I would of have thought that a fuse needs to be removed etc
  • Diff fluid (30k)
    • simply drain and refill till diff leaks fluid from fill bolt.
    • is there a product that you put on the thread of the fill/drain bolt
  • coolant (two years)
  • 7g tronic fluid (please discuss this in terms of change frequency and procedure)
  • Throttle body cleaning (any info on this)
  • maf sensor cleaning (30k or 2 years) is it safe to do this?
  • Steering fluid (30k or 2 years)

I cant really think of anything else that needs doing as part of maintenance.

Also advice on a workshop manual would be good. Found some stuff on the internet but not sure. Sadly Haynes do not do a manual for this car and neither do bentley.

Lastly looks like the window regulator has detached itself from the glass, is there a diy for this or a repair that will last? tag tie repair on an e46 bmw works perfectly!

This is some of the best value oil
I do the 7g gearbox oil change and diff on the same schedule every 35-40k ish .
Diff oil check Opie Oils website with a number plate search , it’s something like Fuchs Titan Syntopoid 75-85 Oil ?? , 1.3L needed

Does the diff fluid need to be changed every 30k? I thought this was sealed for life but could be wrong.

I have had three E220 CDi's and only once did I have the diff oil changed and after nearly 300k miles it was still nice and clean and didn't need doing.

My current one is on 316k miles and the diff has not been touched despite nearly 30 services, 28 of those at the main dealer and the other two at well known indy's and I am pretty sure they would not miss an opportunity to make a bit of money if it was part of the maintenance schedule.

Does the diff fluid need to be changed every 30k? I thought this was sealed for life but could be wrong.

I have had three E220 CDi's and only once did I have the diff oil changed and after nearly 300k miles it was still nice and clean and didn't need doing.

My current one is on 316k miles and the diff has not been touched despite nearly 30 services, 28 of those at the main dealer and the other two at well known indy's and I am pretty sure they would not miss an opportunity to make a bit of money if it was part of the maintenance schedule.
It’s such a cheap job , I just do it as I tend to over “diy” service stuff . Maybe £20 of oil ?

Three ways to look at this one: 1) a cheap DIY job and good preventative maintenance; 2) change the oil if the diff makes noises (whether at this point any damage is done or not is something I have no experience with); 3) leave it alone if you drive like an old man and won't put the part under much stress. Personally I'm with wighty that the oil is cheap and the job is mostly is easy, was on my lexus and two bms anyway.

Three ways to look at this one: 1) a cheap DIY job and good preventative maintenance; 2) change the oil if the diff makes noises (whether at this point any damage is done or not is something I have no experience with); 3) leave it alone if you drive like an old man and won't put the part under much stress. Personally I'm with wighty that the oil is cheap and the job is mostly is easy, was on my lexus and two bms anyway.
I always look it as cheap future proofing because I never know how long I am going to keep the car . Now I’m at 104k , I’m glad I have changed the diff oil and atf 3 times so far :)

Wighty - I need to do the auto trans fluid, any advice? Never done auto before

Wighty - I need to do the auto trans fluid, any advice? Never done auto before
This was my journey with the 7g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom