Advice for fathers next car...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I have exhausted all avenues with my Dad in his search for a new motor :doh: and I want a fresh pairs of eyes/ears for suggestions.... To narrow the field slightly, he is after either something newish,frugal and torquey (most diesels:wallbash:) or something ludicrous and throaty (last car was Lexus V8:thumb:) He, quite literally, changes his mind from one week to the next. He has £10-12k to spend. Suggestions more than welcome.... p.s. he doesn't like French cars or B.M.W. (no offence Peter :D)

Audi A3, Mini Cooper, Chrysler 300c....

What kind of car? size etc...

Kate

His Lexus would have had a bit of vroom and also a lot of toys...

Does he like Your E320 Cdi ? would seem to fit his requirements.

or the E500 of the same car, very 'Q' car and give its a top end model normallt comes with a lot of toys.

A 211 6 cylinder diesel should suit him.
This is just the problem.... I let him have mine for the weekend, but after having a Lexus, where there is no optional extras list to speak of, he struggles to comprehend the world of German cars and the endless optional extras list. Yet, he is compelled towards them (are my problems becoming clear?:wallbash:)

Audi A3, Mini Cooper, Chrysler 300c....

What kind of car? size etc...

Kate
As he puts it -'a misters car'. Even though there is only Mum & Dad, they still like something which can carry at least 4 people in comfort

She was in her teens then?
Lol! My Dad is her toyboy!! She lived in Johannesberg, owning a Merc around this time and this has cemented her ideas on how one should look. Current Mercs in her own words are 'fat and wishy-washy' whatever that means :rock::wallbash:

CLK 55 , let the old girl tell you that is 'wishy washy' once you've blasted her around a bit .

Yep, I agree with Howard, get him a rip snorting AMG car!

W211 e500 would be great for that money. You can probably squeeze a cl500, since you want a gents car.

CLK 55 , let the old girl tell you that is 'wishy washy' once you've blasted her around a bit .
My Dad rides a Suzuki GSX1400. With Mother dearest on the back goading my Dad on! I had a Mitsubishi Evolution FQR 360, with mods taking it to over 400+bhp. Mother dearest took it out on her own, coming back about an hour later claiming the clutch was too stiff, wing mirrors no good, where was the heated seats, etc etc! Sorry to be a pain, but this is what I am dealing with...:wallbash:

S Class of whatever generation . A W220 with either the 500 or even the 600 engine ought to be within that budget , if he's had a V8 before , why not move up to a V12 ?

BTW , he's a year younger than me !

I can sympathise with your mum and would choose a mint 450SEL 6.9 if money were no object . Rowan Atkinson's immaculate black one was sold recently - darn :doh:

S Class of whatever generation . A W220 with either the 500 or even the 600 engine ought to be within that budget , if he's had a V8 before , why not move up to a V12 ?

BTW , he's a year younger than me !

I can sympathise with your mum and would choose a mint 450SEL 6.9 if money were no object . Rowan Atkinson's immaculate black one was sold recently - darn :doh:
I am pushing him towards a S Class in all fairness, because the standard specification is pretty high. He prefers the diesel (which I think ticks almost every box) yet my Mum likes 'show boy racers who is boss' V8s. It was my mothers tales of Mercedes that enthralled me into wanting one as soon as I could. Her boss in Joberg had a Grosser? or something that sounds like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom