Advice for travel to Affalterbach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A Write up indeed would be great:)

I remember my first time on the autobahn 5 years ago in my R32 and it was glorious. Open roads, german discipline.

There are some seriously fast cars that you wouldn't expect.....

MBWorld in Stuttgart is great, could easily spend a day there :)

I did not visit the Porsche museum though, if you get a chance might be a shout!

Louis, if you could do a review of some sort when you are back (route, Autobahn experiences, hotels used, visits and wallet crippling experiences at the AMG factory etc.) I'm sure a lot of folks here would appreciate it ahead of any trips we are looking to do to Affalterbach in the future.

Have a great time and enjoy the Opera :)
Hi buddy
Yes of course! I'll grab a stack of pics too and post up when back. Opera has already crippled the wallet mate LOL

Reactions: Yex
Was said in jest...

If a person has never driven at (unrestricted sections) autobahn speeds it is an eyeopener....and the roads are pretty busy. If you are just getting into the left lane and accelerating from say 150km/h, a car coming up at 250/300+ km/h comes up pretty quickly and he would probably have been tiny in the rear view when you pulled into the lane.

Is his car 800 +hp?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a person has never driven at (unrestricted sections) autobahn speeds it is an eyeopener....and the roads are pretty busy. If you are just getting into the left lane and accelerating from say 150km/h, a car coming up at 250/300+ km/h comes up pretty quickly and he would probably have been tiny in the rear view when you pulled into the lane.

Is his car 800 +hp?

801hp and 894 lbs/ft I’m afraid[emoji41][emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That part of Germany, this time of year? You might want to check if winter tyres are required.
And winter tyres have a speed restriction of how little ?? If I were to plan such a trip it would not be in February. But OP I wish you the best weather possible . Have a safe and fun trip. please report back :thumb:

PS4S summer tyres being fitted this Friday! Remember it’s a VALENTINES TRIP.....nothing to do with cars or factory tours or museums or bouncing off the Rev limiter in 7th gear[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Emissions Sticker????
Fooking de catted so carbon footprint emissions will be the size of Mars[emoji23][emoji23]

You just need to send a copy of your V5 to get it so will be as a stock car, standard C63 was fine( its diesels that suffer)

tuev-nord.de for germany and certificat-air.gouv.fr for france should get you the links to apply

I have never done this before when in France/Germany. Last time I was in Germany, i drove from Switzerland to the Nurburgring, but 99.9% sure we didn't have any of these emissions decals?

Last April I was down to the south of France, back through Geneva, Black Forest to Affalterbach, then on to Eifel forest.
Never had a sticker but they only apply to big cities like Berlin and Frankfurt. If going to the cities it may be worth getting one but I wouldn't sweat about it. In any case your car is Euro 4 which is well into the green badge zone. Couple of years ago I was in Berlin with my Euro 4 diesel SUV - no problem.
Hope you can find enough road space to tickle your rev limiter in top. Last year I could only get to 140mph because of traffic. Seems the best time for a Vmax is early sunday morning.
Have fun.

Last time I was in Germany, i drove from Switzerland to the Nurburgring, but 99.9% sure we didn't have any of these emissions decals?
Strictly speaking, the Umweltplakette (emissions sticker) is mandatory for many towns in Germany, including Stuttgart. While I do have stickers on our cars, anecdotally, foreign-registered cars are rarely ticketed for not displaying one and my guess is that if you avoid on-street or municipal parking facilities and don't do anything to antagonise a Police Officer then no-one will pay any attention.

Thanks Phil
When I go in to Stuttgart for the opera I’ll need to park in public car park. I’ll take a look at the links provided, but guessing if I need to send off logbook I’m out of time as leaving at 05:00 Sunday[emoji849][emoji849]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom