Advice for travel to Affalterbach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEMESIS CLS

Car
W218 CLS63 AMG-S
Hi Guys
Off on AMG road trip next Sunday for 5 days. With regards to the breakdown cover situation. I have extended warranty and also believe that Mobilo covers when abroad? Is that correct as want to make sure if the unforeseen happens I'll get sorted without charge etc etc??

Yeah Mobilo covers abroad! You’ll be recovered to the nearest MB dealer. I’m not sure if your warranty will cover repair costs out of the UK though?

Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip. Go easy on the Autobahn ;)

Yeah Mobilo covers abroad! You’ll be recovered to the nearest MB dealer. I’m not sure if your warranty will cover repair costs out of the UK though?

Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip. Go easy on the Autobahn ;)
Thanks, Buddy, I'll check with MB re the warranty. As for the Autobahn, yes I shall be sure not to exceed the limit on the speedo :)

Just read the Policy Ts&Cs and covered in the following countries :)

Continental Europe

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus (Greek territory only),

Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,

Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland,

Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,

Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway,

Poland, Portugal (not including Madeira and The

Azores), Romania, Russia*, San Marino, Serbia,

Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic Islands

but excluding Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland,

Turkey.

* Cover in Russia is limited to the limits of the

following cities: St Petersburg,

If I remember correctly, How the warranty would work abroad is, You’ll be recovered to the nearest MB dealership. You will then need to pay for the Relevant repairs and Claim upon your return to the UK from MB for the Costs.

Thanks, Buddy, I'll check with MB re the warranty. As for the Autobahn, yes I shall be sure not to exceed the limit on the speedo :)

Lol, I trust you’ll be sensible though depending on conditions etc ;)

Have a good trip! Keep us posted with pics :)

If I remember correctly, How the warranty would work abroad is, You’ll be recovered to the nearest MB dealership. You will then need to pay for the Relevant repairs and Claim upon your return to the UK from MB for the Costs.
Thanks Buddy - hopefully wont need it, but good to know im covered

Have a fun trip, please share
some pics/vids on the autobahn. Am keen to make this trip too so that the car can stretch its legs properly

Have a fun trip, please share
some pics/vids on the autobahn. Am keen to make this trip too so that the car can stretch its legs properly

Yep sure will my man. So looking forward to the trip [emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, done this couple of years ago with some fellow forum members - It's a great trip/journey, you'll love it.

Matt :thumb:

Keep checking your rearview mirror if you are in the left lane on the unrestricted stretches of the autobahn - there are some very fast cars using it and they come up surprisingly quickly....

IIRC my SatNav didn't take me right to the factory (once in Affalterbach). Might be worth taking a quick look at Google maps before you set off.

I assume that as you are near Stuttgart you will also visit the Porsche factory & museum and the MB museum ---deffo worth the effort.

Hahaha - my first time on unrestricted parts so will have to build up slowly and take care. Other half with me as well so mindful of that. Factory tour is Tuesday, and have a lurrrrrrvley hotel in the middle of Affalterbach booked, so by the time we arrive Sunday eve will be food beer and bed. Monday’s plan is Mercedes Museum and if time Porsche as well. Tuesday is the factory tour, then Stuttgart Opera for Madam Butterfly in the eve. Leave Wednesday morning for 19:20 eurotunnel [emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, hope you enjoy your trip :thumb:

You've certainly expressed the correct attitude regarding building up to high-speed running, so all should be well. Weather this time of year may mean that you don't get to run at higher speeds, but that's the luck of the draw, and there seem to be almost permanent roadworks on many Autobahns that may also curtail your fun. Remember that it's worth trying a few heavy braking sessions from higher speeds so you get a feel for how the car responds if you do have to stand on the anchors, and take particular care around exits when you're pressing on as trucks and other vehicles are likely to change lane to give someone entering the Autobahn more space.

Most of all, have fun!

That part of Germany, this time of year? You might want to check if winter tyres are required.

First of all, hope you enjoy your trip :thumb:

You've certainly expressed the correct attitude regarding building up to high-speed running, so all should be well. Weather this time of year may mean that you don't get to run at higher speeds, but that's the luck of the draw, and there seem to be almost permanent roadworks on many Autobahns that may also curtail your fun. Remember that it's worth trying a few heavy braking sessions from higher speeds so you get a feel for how the car responds if you do have to stand on the anchors, and take particular care around exits when you're pressing on as trucks and other vehicles are likely to change lane to give someone entering the Autobahn more space.

Most of all, have fun!
Thanks for the heads up Phil. Will defo be taking it carefully!!!!

That part of Germany, this time of year? You might want to check if winter tyres are required.
A new set of PS4S going on this Friday:D Together with wheels being refurbed in Satin Black:D:Dand weather is looking excellent in Affalterbach:D:D:D

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 18.00.39.png

Reactions: Yex
Louis, if you could do a review of some sort when you are back (route, Autobahn experiences, hotels used, visits and wallet crippling experiences at the AMG factory etc.) I'm sure a lot of folks here would appreciate it ahead of any trips we are looking to do to Affalterbach in the future.

Have a great time and enjoy the Opera :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom