advice is urgently needed :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
of course, I thought about it, but the rising oil level in the engine may indicate that the head gasket is damaged :(
Sounds like your head gasket or head is damaged because of a failed water pump. The noises your hearing could be exhaust gasses pressuring your coolant system. I’d get some quotes to fix it, It might not be as bad as you think, in my experience dealing with warranties and arguing with garages about who should pay just turns in to a mare. Good luck pal

of course, I thought about it, but the rising oil level in the engine may indicate that the head gasket is damaged :(

It could also be a passing injector.

You may get some light mayo under the filler cap if the car has only been used ,previously, for short journeys but how does the oil look on the dipstick ?

Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion and dont let the supplying dealer fob you off.

K

PS - I would be surprised if the warranty company would entertain a claim as the car was only purchased six weeks ago.

Head gaskets are pretty rare to fail. Are you sure its not the oil cooler? that's more likely, coolant circulates around the cooler which has oil ways in it, if they crack internally, which they do, then the oil and coolant can mix.

Fingers crossed you get a good result.

Head gaskets are pretty rare to fail. Are you sure its not the oil cooler? that's more likely, coolant circulates around the cooler which has oil ways in it, if they crack internally, which they do, then the oil and coolant can mix.

Fingers crossed you get a good result.
You know , I bought this car with a damaged stat (I noticed that day after) if the dealer or previous owner been using the car with damaged stat it’s possible to have *****d head gaskets hopefully not. Oil cooler was replaced for a new one before I bought a car by the dealer (I got an a receipt from him) can’t see any leaks of oil under the car.

View attachment 127103
I will give him two days for it.
I would keep it professional and communicate via email so that you can keep records etc in case you need to forward them onto the finance company. It looks like you are being fobbed off.
What are your expectations? Do you want to reject it and put an end to it or do you want them to fix it?
I have rejected 3 cars for a lot less than you (nearly new with paint issues and one with a suspension noise I didn't like during lockdown). Some people will tell you that you have to let them have a chance to repair it. That isn't my experience. I told them that I was rejecting the car and 1 collected it and on the other 2, I returned the car and took my part exchange home. (They had sold my part ex on the first car I rejected so I got the full invoice cost back in a bank transfer to my account). I spoke to the General manager of the dealership on the first car I rejected (Lookers Audi) and he said although we would obviously like to fix the paint issues and you keep the car, we can't make you and you are within your rights to reject it. That was only paint issues, no way near the issues that you are having.

Rejecting a car is all very well if the dealer is prepared to play ball, but if he's not (dishonest trade, remember...) it is in practice far from simple.

Firstly, why are you rejecting it? There are three grounds in law; it was misdescribed, it is not fit for purpose, and it is not of satisfactory quality.

I presume it was as described, and you did not specify a particular purpose, such as that you had to ferry a rugby team around; you just wanted a decent car. If so, then your argument is that it's not of satisfactory quality.

Rejecting a car more than thirty days after sale means the dealer is entitled to keep some of the money, because you have had some use of the car. Not much in this case, though, provided you don't keep it any longer, but if you want to reject it you must stop using it.

If the dealer will play ball, well and good; if not, are you in a position simply to take the car back, tell him you're rejecting it and give him written notice (keep a copy yourself) of why you're doing that, hand over the keys and say "see you in court", and walk away? You may well win your case, but it could be a year or more before the case is heard.

If he refuses to take the car back, or to repair it/have it repaired, you are entitled to have it repaired and claim the cost back from him, but again, "see you in court".

Keep us posted.

At the moment, you can see that the dealer wants to cooperate. I'd like to keep the car with me. During this month I invested almost £ 2000 in it. I have all our conversations in my text box. Starting from the fact that immediately after the purchase it turned out that the thermostat is faulty and which the Dealer replaced for new one. today he wrote to me that by the end of the week I would get a courtesy car and my one will be taken to a mechanic for diagnostics & repair

Spent £2000 not invested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom