Advice needed 2020 Audi RS6 to E63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gray1892

Car
C8 Audi RS6 Vorsprung
Looking for some thoughts and advice on what ownership is like of the W213 E63s or if anyone has made the swap from Audi Sport RS6.

Currently 10 months into ownership of a Vorsprung RS6 fully loaded. I am going to see my local Mercedes dealer on Wednesday but there apparently isn't any E63s inside their group stock so it would be a factory order.

The RS6 is without a fantastic piece of engineering and also a wonderful car. It just feels like it lacks emotion and soul. I think I get that with the sound and heritage of the AMG badge.

I would be going blind into one, owned M's and RS but never been in a high end AMG let alone driven one.

Any thoughts, insights would really be gratefully appreciated.

Personally I think the E63s is best out of the box but I prefer the RS6 as an over all car, nicer interior, much nicer exterior and rarer too.

Thanks, weirdly up here I have saw half a dozen RS6's but not saw a face-lift E63s think it's the theater and drama of the sound that appeals.

I'd sum it up something like this:

Exterior: Audi wins but pre facelift E63 has a great front end, just missing those arches on the back.

Interior: Personal preference, both are good but I prefer the UI on Mercedes to Audi.

Engine: Mercedes wins here, better sound and performance.

Gearbox: Audi probably wins but the 9spd MCT in the E63 is much better than their older units.

Handling: Audi is classic safe and little to no oversteer. Mercedes is more fun, yes it can do big silly drifts but for spirited road driving there's just more adjustability even in AWD mode.

As a person who prioritises the driving experience I'd pick the E63 every time, although I'd be jealous of the RS6 looks each time I saw one.

NB: Don't get a facelift E63 as they have lost a fair bit of the sound, you can't get the Performance bucket seats anymore (maybe you don't like them anyway?) and you can't get ceramic brakes now either (again maybe not a concern). Of more relevance is I think the pre facelift looks better and the new steering wheel is awful. The facelift does have a softer ride in Comfort mode though.

I'd hold out for a used pre facelift and save yourself some of the hefty depreciation in the process.

Looking for some thoughts and advice on what ownership is like of the W213 E63s or if anyone has made the swap from Audi Sport RS6.

Currently 10 months into ownership of a Vorsprung RS6 fully loaded. I am going to see my local Mercedes dealer on Wednesday but there apparently isn't any E63s inside their group stock so it would be a factory order.

The RS6 is without a fantastic piece of engineering and also a wonderful car. It just feels like it lacks emotion and soul. I think I get that with the sound and heritage of the AMG badge.

I would be going blind into one, owned M's and RS but never been in a high end AMG let alone driven one.

Any thoughts, insights would really be gratefully appreciated.
there is a magno grey estate in the system with carbon interior cross spoke alloys night pack ,premium plus if it's the estate you're after.

Exterior: Audi wins but pre facelift E63 has a great front end, just missing those arches on the back.

Interior: Personal preference, both are good but I prefer the UI on Mercedes to Audi.

Gearbox: Audi probably wins but the 9spd MCT in the E63 is much better than their older units.

Handling: Audi is classic safe and little to no oversteer. Mercedes is more fun, yes it can do big silly drifts but for spirited road driving there's just more adjustability even in AWD mode.

As a person who prioritises the driving experience I'd pick the E63 every time, although I'd be jealous of the RS6 looks each time I saw one.

NB: Don't get a facelift E63 as they have lost a fair bit of the sound, you can't get the Performance bucket seats anymore (maybe you don't like them anyway?) and you can't get ceramic brakes now either (again maybe not a concern). Of more relevance is I think the pre facelift looks better and the new steering wheel is awful. The facelift does have a softer ride in Comfort mode though.

I'd hold out for a used pre facelift and save yourself some of the hefty depreciation in the process.
This is really helpful. Much obliged.

Hi , Mercedes tell you what you can have but Audi from what I remember let you choose the car you want.
You've really got it in for Mercedes haven't you?
I'm surprised you haven't sold yours with all the negativity you post about the brand.

This is great way of putting things.
I wouldn't buy either but if I was going to it would be an incredibly difficult choice.

Whilst I prefer what I have and did consider the Audi - the 2016 model, I always look at the RS6 and think what a fabulous looking car, (in fact the VW Group is the only german group making good looking cars right now).
The latest RS6 treads a very fine line between looking very good at the same time as looking slightly over aggressive and cartoonish. I can never really make up my mind how much I like or dislike it.

Whilst I prefer what I have and did consider the Audi - the 2016 model, I always look at the RS6 and think what a fabulous looking car
The latest RS6 treads a very fine line between looking very good at the same time as looking slightly over aggressive and cartoonish. I can never really make up my mind how much I like or dislike it.
I prefer the previous version, like the 2016 you mention. 22" wheels are somewhat OTT on the new one, it's no quicker and the interior controls are worse (too much through touch screens).

Hi , suggest you read comments from people who are trying to buy new Mercedes passenger cars
Typical reply that actually isn't worth the time it takes to write it. I've asked a genuine question and that's what I get in reply........

I think Boyband has a fair point. It seems to be a fact that MB cluster options together in a pack (eg premium or premium plus).

As an example if you wanted to spec a pano roof, you HAVE to buy an expensive pack that includes items you don’t necessarily want. If you want a pano roof on an Audi then you can spec one.

Then there’s the paint options. Very limited for new MB’s. Audi has more choice and a bespoke option for around £2500.00

More frustrating is the options restrictions MB have on UK supplied cars. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with this the rear arches are something else on the RS6

Have owned both, a 2015 C7 and now a 2020 E63S I bought last year. And some good points here

First, I agree, E63S wins in terms of driving experience. What also to consider is the price. I personally felt the E63S being a bit more aggressive in both looks and sound and drive. Although the backside of the RS6 is what I SLIGHTLY prefer over the E63S but the E63S has an astonishing front. That is pre-facelift mind. The new facelift I don't 'get' ... If you got OCD you better not look at the front sensors / cameras as they aren't even centric, but anyway, one thing to consider too - price. If you go for the RS6 Vorsprung, it actually is like what - 10k or so more expensive than the E63S which is pretty much fully loaded as it is.

Well I do not normally venture into the big boys cars threads,but I have people I know who have Audi's and quiet a few who have Mercedes,now the merits of owning a RS6 or a E63 I cannot comment on as I have owned neither,but without doubt Audi main dealers have a better reputation than MB ,and drivers who buy these sort of cars mostly do not DIY problems with them,so I would factor in the local dealerships of both makes ,in my opinion a good main dealer is worth a consideration when buying new or nearly new cars like the RS6 AND e63.

Well I do not normally venture into the big boys cars threads,but I have people I know who have Audi's and quiet a few who have Mercedes,now the merits of owning a RS6 or a E63 I cannot comment on as I have owned neither,but without doubt Audi main dealers have a better reputation than MB ,and drivers who buy these sort of cars mostly do not DIY problems with them,so I would factor in the local dealerships of both makes ,in my opinion a good main dealer is worth a consideration when buying new or nearly new cars like the RS6 AND e63.
In my nearest City both MB and Audi are part of the same dealer network and are, in fact, next door to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom