advice needed, do i or dont i? clk 320 cab...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh - one final thought. 3 yr old CLK's are known for having rust round the boot keyhole. Check the entire body carefully - it should be absolutely spot on, with no / minimal stone chips.

Agree with Saorbust,320 is much better even if 0-60 times etc are v similar.

As for Sat Nav, MBenzNL can fit that for you (original MB Comand) and will be saving u quite a bit. The above one does seem a little expensive?

Jay

Last edited:
Any ideas what mercs position would be with regards to warranty if i got comand from MBenzNL ?

M

remoh said:
Any ideas what mercs position would be with regards to warranty if i got comand from MBenzNL ?

M
The comand unit wouldn't be under warranty itself from MB, and I suppose any fault that your car subsequently developed which MB are able to attribute to the Comand might not be covered, although I can't think for the life of me what they would be able to come up with on that count !

Its basically a stereo / head unit upgrade, so wouldn't worry about it.

S.

d day is saturday....stealers, any tips?

sym said:
The comand unit wouldn't be under warranty itself from MB, and I suppose any fault that your car subsequently developed which MB are able to attribute to the Comand might not be covered, although I can't think for the life of me what they would be able to come up with on that count !

Its basically a stereo / head unit upgrade, so wouldn't worry about it.

S.

Hmm, i aint paying that asking price, i typed it into parkers with all the gear on and it was a bit over but not much, but also i spose i should take into account even with all the gear it is still a 230 and not a 240, and thus is an "expired" product in terms of resale at a later date......

Hopeless with dealers....any clues? This is actually a mbdirect I'm dealing with....

remoh said:
Hmm, i aint paying that asking price, i typed it into parkers with all the gear on and it was a bit over but not much, but also i spose i should take into account even with all the gear it is still a 230 and not a 240, and thus is an "expired" product in terms of resale at a later date......

Hopeless with dealers....any clues? This is actually a mbdirect I'm dealing with....
As it happens, I also got my car from MB Direct. Found the service to be OK, but was only able to negotiate about 8% off their screen price. Their pricing is no better than buying from a MB Dealer / Retail outlet, so don't expect any great bargains - maybe just a larger choice of vehicles.

S.

aaah i shall bear that in mind, 8% off a 30k car isnt bad i suppose.......Dont spose anyones got glasses guide kicking around ?

Once again thanks for everyones advice so far, do you all ever meet up for beers?

jaymanek said:
Hi Remoh,

Just go to topgear.com it has a valuation thing which uses glass's guide.

Jay

I think whatever happens, as long as the guy doesnt get the vaseline out and expect me to adopt the position, i think i'm walking away with a clk cab on saturday.....I'm covering myself in depreciation anyways with a sizeable deposit...

M

ps If anyones got a car crusher handy, i'd like to start posting my omega back to vauxhall in bits.......

Good for you Remoh.
Don't just think of the money
Sometimes you got to do what the heart tells you and not what your head thinks is right.
If we were all car dealers it would be a sad sad world indeed.
The pleasure of a dream car or anything that you desire can't be quantified in money alone.

Lucky you and enjoy your car. :D :D :D

mw_C32 said:
Good for you Remoh.
Don't just think of the money
Sometimes you got to do what the heart tells you and not what your head thinks is right.
If we were all car dealers it would be a sad sad world indeed.
The pleasure of a dream car or anything that you desire can't be quantified in money alone.

Lucky you and enjoy your car. :D :D :D

Hmm i said when i was 20 i'd have a tvr by the time i was 30, alas sense came to me as I wasnt interested in buying a glorified kit car that fell apart......Thus the merc......

10 years time......hmmm wonder what the residual will be on an slr by then ? LOL :bannana:

remoh said:
Hmm i said when i was 20 i'd have a tvr by the time i was 30, alas sense came to me as I wasnt interested in buying a glorified kit car that fell apart......Thus the merc......QUOTE]

Small world, I said a Lotus by 30.
but hey Merc by 31 I'm happy

remoh said:
Hmm i said when i was 20 i'd have a tvr by the time i was 30, alas sense came to me as I wasnt interested in buying a glorified kit car that fell apart......Thus the merc......

Scary - said exactly the same myself when I was 20 and a friend had several TVRs! Got to the point when I was 30 and could afford one, and decided I didn't want one half as much, although I still think of getting one as a play car along with something more sensible for the every day grind...

Do you ever keep upping the deadline? Must have X by 30, oh wait - no, I'm already 30, well, let's go for 40 then :p

At 34 I've realised a first milestone in car ownership - a brand new Mercedes after owning several second hand Ford's and Vauxhall's plus a VW Beetle (back in the late 80's/early 90's - Cal Look style with hand built engine - a beauty!) over the years.

My next deadline is an Aston by the time I'm 40 and relatively young enough to enjoy it ;) What's the betting 40 passes by?...

todays the day...

bropa09 said:
Do you ever keep upping the deadline? Must have X by 30, oh wait - no, I'm already 30, well, let's go for 40 then :p

At 34 I've realised a first milestone in car ownership - a brand new Mercedes after owning several second hand Ford's and Vauxhall's plus a VW Beetle (back in the late 80's/early 90's - Cal Look style with hand built engine - a beauty!) over the years.

My next deadline is an Aston by the time I'm 40 and relatively young enough to enjoy it ;) What's the betting 40 passes by?...

Naaah, i'm only one year out on the nice car thing...

We shall see as i've also now seen some clk320 cabs without comand for similiar money, so mr mb direct, unless you dont want my deposit, time for some serious haggling....

I'll let yer know how i get on

Well for those that have been assisting on my choice of merc between the various models I thought i'd to this thread following my experience of another MB direct branch...

Basically they ordered from another mb branch my clk cab for me to test drive, 02 model, and 8k miles with all the toys including command...price 29,999

Go to test drive it yesterday and guess what, its actually done 28k miles, it had rips in the leather, basically looked like the owner before (unvaleted) had had a chimps tea party inside it, and in general from the various signs of knocks and scrapes, it had a hard life......... At first obviously i still believed it had only 8k miles and gave the sales guy a real grilling as obviously this amount of wear seemed unsual, it wasnt until the test drive that flicking through the computer i noticed the milage....

Guess what, mr sales manager continued along the track that this 18 month old car should still be sold at 29,999, with some extras added by them (retail of about 1300, actual cost, probably 50% of that).........

I walked........

Bit disappointing really.........

I want my darn cab!!! If anyone sees a cab with command in obs black ( not silver ) please let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom