Advice Needed: Looking to buy a facelift w219 CLS500 or CLS350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo420

Car
'95 W202 C180, '97 W208 CLK320, '06 W639 Viano, '13 GT86, '07 RX300, '09 W211 E230, '15 Jaguar XF
Greetings fellow MB enthusiasts...

I am currently in the market for a 2009 or later W219 CLS500 (5.5l) or CLS350 CGI. I driven quite a few MBs before but I've never owned one, and I think time has come for me to finally join the MB family... :D

I was hoping to get any advice regarding the car, i.e. what I should be on the look out for when searching for one/ what maintenance work should I expect to be on the service histories/ anything that I should know for the future... I am planning to keep this car for long term, hopefully :cool:

My budget is around £10-12k (might be willing to stretch it to 14k... depending how tempting the car is :devil:), and I'm looking for a facelifted CLS with less than 70k miles preferably.

I've been on the look for quite some time now on the likes of autotrader and ebay, unfortunately I have not found a lot for sale - only a handful of 09' CLS350 and two examples of '09 CLS500 currently and all slightly over my budget (one of the CLS500 at £20k with very low miles only covered 19k!). Anyway, given the limited results, I was wondering if I have been looking at the right place? Or is my budget unrealistic? Feel free to reply if anyone's found more examples out there or a better website etc... I'm not in a hurry to buy, I'd most probably be getting it around May or June time

Thanks in advance for any advices...

Cheers all
Mo420

Think your budget is hugely optimistic for a CLS500 which is why you're struggling to find any unfortunately. There's one CLS350 available on auto trader at the moment but even that is just over your top end:

Mercedes-Benz CLS CLS350 4dr Tip Auto 3.5

That looks over priced to me and late registered ( still pre face lift with no toys and a even an e bay front grille to boot )plenty out there if you look.

Last edited:
Duplicate

Last edited:
Thanks all for your responses...

Yeah I'm starting to think that my budget might be a little on the down side so I think I'll have to spend around 14 - 16k now for a decent facelift model

Does anyone know roughly the numbers of CLS500 models registered in 2009? I'm just a bit dazzled at the moment as I've searched the web high and low to only find 2 examples of these, regardless of cost... I know theres plenty of the pre-2009 models, but its a condition of my purchase that the car I buy must be 5 years or less of age hence my struggle...

Cheers all,
Mo420,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom