Advice needed on virgin box 'throwing'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

In short I want to send the box signal to another room in the house as we are shifting the house around a bit and I don't want cables going everywhere!

Anyone done this?

Thanks.

Yes, I took the floor up and laid new cable.

Sorry but I don't think there is any real alternative. There are some video senders about but none are capable of doing HD properly.

It is called Cable TV after all. :)

I did the same as Spike and where I could not get under the floor - Tapped the cable to an external wall and then drilled through the external wall to where I wanted my new terminal.

I did the same with an HDMI splitter and long length of HDMI cable to give me Sky in the bedroom as well as the living room. Tried video senders and just couldn't get a decent signal.

Right not going that well so far - was really hoping on the non cabling route...

I not fussed about HD tbh.

I'd like to try a sender.

Maybe another member might be along to cheer me up!

Right not going that well so far - was really hoping on the non cabling route...

I not fussed about HD tbh.

I'd like to try a sender.

Maybe another member might be along to cheer me up!
You have a pm.

Can I suggest you look at Slingbox?

Never used it myself but my friend has it, but it takes the signal from the Virgin Box, and streams it over the internet to any PC worldwide logged into your personal account.

However you can now purchase a stand alone player, which allows you to receive the video without a PC. You could basically connect the Virgin Box to Slingbox, Slingbox to your router and then the tv receiver (HDMI) to the network as well.

If you cannot use Wi-Fi with the reciever you could always buy a couple of powerline adaptors and use the power circuit.

I could explain in more detail if you want. Product website is here:

Slingbox.com - Watch Your TV Anywhere

Like I say I don't have it but my friend does and raves about it. It's highly rated on tech websites as well.

I just grip the Virgin box, bend arms and then launch?:confused: It's how I generally 'throw' most things...:p:D

I was thinking of something a little more post watershed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom