Advice Needed Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a quote yesterday from a local bodyshop to sort out the rust on the W210, he quoted £1500 and that includes all the wheel arches, replacing 1 wing, repairing a dent on the other, sorting out a couple of blisters on the bottom of the doors, chemically treating all the rust and repainting the bottom half of the car. same as John, he's offered a five year warranty on his work.

I've seen cars he's done and his work is superb. He used to work for the MB approved repairers before setting up on his own. He's considerably cheaper than them because I won't be paying for my "free" courtesy car, there's no air conditioned waitng room with leather sofas and fitted carpets, there's no secretaries, cleaners to pay and his rent is probably 1/10th that of the "official" body shop etc etc etc. The only problem is he's booked soilid for months :( but he's going to try and fit us in to get the dented wing sorted out and then do the rest in the spring - his words, no point letting fresh paint bear the brunt of the winter roads. In the meantime, he's going to coat some of the rust to stop it spreading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom