Advice on a BMW X5 please

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by verytalldave, Oct 31, 2008.

1. fuzzer

fuzzer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    F25 X3 20d SE
    Cool , i loved both cars :) :rock:

2. A210AMG

A210AMG MB Club Veteran

When I nad my BM, there were quite a few owners on the BMW forum who had their 535d's remapped (DMS) this made them pretty quick !!

I can understand you point that the 535d offers more performance / mpg than the X5 but that's not why you always choose a car.

I looked at X5's, Lexus, Disco, ML etc when looking for my current car. My dad has a E320cdi Estate and yes its nice, its quicker than mine but I prefered mine.

Its all down to personal taste and circumstances. Thats why there is so much choice.

Next time round I may choose a more normal estate, but the sitting high up in the ml, the load space and the whay it tows the caravan for us now is great.

3. Rory

Rory MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model)
    Surely it's the sitting high up which is the main reason the vast majority of people buy these cars? It just makes driving so effortless.

4. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    Depends what you use them for. I found ther Q7 too large, and a bit like a reverse tardis, big on the outside and not very big inside. I didn't like the way it drove.

The RR was comfy and roomy, but too wollowy for my liking, but I can see why some may rate it above the X5 for its luxury and off road prowess.

The Cayenne was good to drive, maybe better than the X5 but I found the X5 more "fun" and a better every day package with nicer interior fitments and I never had any trouble from mine. I did kinda off road mine, and took it down a nasty pathway that would see a normal car grounded, I was going along at 55mph in the X5 - but thats as far as it off road crudentials can go, driving in fields and farm paths. Its no Landie.

As for the weather, its effing cold still but I am a hardy chap thats used to it :D

I did, and I wouldn't buy an SUV again, but for those that would I would recommend the X5 with an I6 petrol with a manual gearbox.

5. davidjpowell

davidjpowell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    There were revisions to back and front end. I drive gained a 'Menu' button - or so I was told by the dealer, who was not always correct!

6. NewMB

NewMB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 535D F11 Sport (Touring)
    An ML everytime.

No BMW's..... this country has more of them than Germany and 99% of the drivers think they either own the road or are Nigel Mansell! :mad:

Not bad looking cars with modern technology.....still doesn't change my opinion.

Tags: