Advice on air and pollen filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

I'm looking to change my air and pollen filters. Was just about to order them on euro car parts when it points out that there's two figment sizes for both filters.
The only difference on the air filter is one is 96mm high the other is 68mm.
On the pollen filter one is bigger on all measurements than the other.
Car is 14plate E250 amg saloon.
Any advice on which size is required?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm looking to change my air and pollen filters. Was just about to order them on euro car parts when it points out that there's two figment sizes for both filters.
The only difference on the air filter is one is 96mm high the other is 68mm.
On the pollen filter one is bigger on all measurements than the other.
Car is 14plate E250 amg saloon.
Any advice on which size is required?

Thanks

Take out the old ones and measure them? You will have to remove them to replace anyway.

Take out the old ones and measure them? You will have to remove them to replace anyway.

But then I'd end up sort of doing them twice while its dismantled I could just fit the new ones. Suppose I could buy both sizes and return the ones I don't need. Just thought someone on here might of known

The pollen filter is very easy to get to and the air filters can be measured just by removing the engine cover.

This 'two options' mantra often comes-up when buying from motor factors.

In reality, all it means is that their system just isn't detailed enough.

Locate the manufacturers' own catalogues online (e.g. Bosch, Mahle, Mann, Knecht, Framm, etc) and you'll be able to pin-point the correct item for your car.

is this a v6 engine ?

But then I'd end up sort of doing them twice while its dismantled I could just fit the new ones. Suppose I could buy both sizes and return the ones I don't need. Just thought someone on here might of known

Then you will make two trips and cause inconvenience to the shop!

If it is ECP then I would take them out when you arrive and check sizes, they have given me incorrect parts before even after my ordering the correct part.......................

thank you . stating 250 means not alot to me with todays engines.
I know what you mean, it used to be easy to work out the engine capacity, in this case the 250 is a 2.2 l twin turbo............... :)

My 320 is a 3 litre, as is the 280; using a common engine block etc is obviously a cost saving, the main differences are single / twin turbocharger, injector sizes and ECU maps to generate the relative power outputs

and the 350 is a v6 320 with brabus chip - ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genuine air and pollen filters don't tend to be too much more expensive that aftermarket. At least you know they will fit first time :)
Failing that, Euro Car Parts do have a MERC 'look up' system so if the person on the phone is helpful enough, they should be able to look it up correctly for you!
Natacha
OR send me the chassis and I'll see if I can look it up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom