Advice on brake discs appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpyoldgit

MB Enthusiast
Car
C270CDI Avantgarde SE
As title says, I would appreciate any advice on replacement discs from those amongst you who have changed theirs. I'm looking for front discs.

I have looked on Eurocarparts site and see that they have 3 different suppliers, Eicher, Pagid & Textar. Can anyone recommend any one particular make over the others? Or would you go for OE?

I renewed all pads a while back and fitted Pagid.

Do try the dealer, they can be competitive on brake parts, and remember to ask for a discount.

Of those you list I'd go for Pagid.

I also bought Pagid.

Discs changed. I went for Pagid @ £40:74 each, as I had recently fitted Pagid pads I thought it was a reasonable choice.

I did price MB OE which were £65:16 each and to my surprise the dealer did offer 15% discount on two when I asked about it, which came out at £110:77
All prices inclusive of VAT.

Thanks guys :thumb:

just did mine couple of days ago chose the cheapest Eicher discs £48.00 at euro car parts only do 5k a year.

I got PAGID I got a m8 who got eicher and had problems with noise slowing down

I got PAGID I got a m8 who got eicher and had problems with noise slowing down

the eicher discs seem fine been all over last couple of days ,no problems ,braking is solid,but time may prove me wrong

just did mine couple of days ago chose the cheapest Eicher discs £48.00 at euro car parts only do 5k a year.

That seems a tad on the expensive side, what size are your discs?
Mine are 330mm diameter, vented and perforated and the Eicher for mine were £31:14 each. (Brake parts were on promotion when I priced them up). Or if they don't have a promotion on, use the MBClub25 discount code at the checkout? (Only works online and if items are not on promotion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom