Advice on buying a 2011 Vito van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robsey29

Car
W212 E350
I'm in the market for replacing my work van and have benn looking at a 2011 Vito van 113cdi are they reliable anything to watch out for and do they have the om651engine with the timing chain problems that many have suffered?

Hi, I have a 2007 109cdi (611 engine), I can advise based on that if you think it may help.?

I'm in the market for replacing my work van and have benn looking at a 2011 Vito van 113cdi are they reliable anything to watch out for and do they have the om651engine with the timing chain problems that many have suffered?

I had one from new in 2012 and it covered in 4 years 120k and been remapped from new also carried in excess 1t all the time and never missed a bit pretty much bomb proof.
Good luck with your search ac and comfort seats is a must.

Hi, I have a 2007 109cdi (611 engine), I can advise based on that if you think it may help.?

I don't think it will be that relevant as it's the older model with the older engine but thanks anyway.

I had one from new in 2012 and it covered in 4 years 120k and been remapped from new also carried in excess 1t all the time and never missed a bit pretty much bomb proof.
Good luck with your search ac and comfort seats is a must.

Sounds promising this one has ac but not comfort seats. Did yours have the om651engine in yours?

Am I right in saying they all suffer from timing chain problems?

Never experienced such problems.
Only can talk on my own experience.

I don't think it will be that relevant as it's the older model with the older engine but thanks anyway.
Fwiw I didn't think so either, but didn't want you to feel ignored either mate.

2007 and 2011 Vitos are both W639 - it was just a facelift in 2010. The current version (W447) came out in 2014.

W639 Vito up 2010 used the 646 engine 2010 onwards 651.

Yup the OP mentioned the OM651, just pointing out that the van itself wasn't a different model ("the older model with the older engine") ... just a facelift.

Thanks yes it's more the engine reliability of the 651 I'm interested in not the facelift part of things as the 651 engine is fitted to quite a few models I thought many owners would be able to chime in on its reliability.

Thanks yes it's more the engine reliability of the 651 I'm interested in not the facelift part of things as the 651 engine is fitted to quite a few models I thought many owners would be able to chime in on its reliability.
At the risk of appearing to proffer further (unwelcome :p) advice Robsey29, perhaps a thread titled something like "651 engine reliability or issues advice wanted".
Whilst this forum is indeed frequented by quite a number of knowledgable & experienced folks, IMHO it does seem that the inclusion of a commercial vehicle in the title serves to alienate a good number of them.
Perhaps a more ambivalent title would encourage those more precious types to post some pertinent observations without fear of sullying themselves in a "Van thread" .?? ;)

Vito 2011, having stripped it down to replace a faulty seal in the INJ pump, I decided on changing the timing gear also due to the horror stories I had read about the OM651.

I have to say the chain, sprockets and guide rails are all in very good condition - 100k work horse.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Attachments

• IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 11
The 2011 113cdi Vito has the 651 engine and appears to suffer with no problems that I've come across but the gear box linkage is a real pain, it usually has to be adjusted at every service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom