Advice on buying a used CLA45?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got mine from Dundee and it came with a 2 year warranty….
Were you happy with them as a dealership and the car? Did they move on price at all?

Were you happy with them as a dealership and the car? Did they move on price at allI
Were you happy with them as a dealership and the car? Did they move on price at all?
I was impressed by them and I appreciated the effort they made to make it a special experience on collection. I would recommend them. They didn’t move on price, but I felt the car was undervalued by them in the first place, so I no worries…..

Bump, the model I had my eye on from Arnold Clark was advertised for about 4 weeks, I messaged them about it on a Friday and they sent me videos on the Sat morning, I rang back same day to ask some final questions and they said it had a deposit on it and that person bought it. Not sure what the odds are of it selling the day I enquire having been advertised so long :wallbash:

I made a spreadsheet to compare the options, prices etc. I've been looking for heated seats, performance exhaust, adaptive suspension, sunroof, rear camera, Harmon K would be nice but not a must as they seem rare. Do they all have the same COMAND version? Watched a few videos and some people seemed to suggest it's an option but I am not sure how to tell if a car has it or what the differences are. I think all models since 2016 have Apple CarPlay which is what I wanted too.

Cheers

Not sure what the odds are of it selling the day I enquire having been advertised so long
It happens.

In around 2012 I phoned about a car which had been for sale for more than a year and it had just sold. Ironically it has been for sale ever since. Not kidding either! Back then I was not interested because of the seller’s reputation their asking price. Such a shame as it’s a one-off car.

It happened again this year with another very rare car. Advertised for months, but deposit was placed on the day I called. The asking price would have gone up by 50% now too, at which point I’m out!

Bump, the model I had my eye on from Arnold Clark was advertised for about 4 weeks, I messaged them about it on a Friday and they sent me videos on the Sat morning, I rang back same day to ask some final questions and they said it had a deposit on it and that person bought it. Not sure what the odds are of it selling the day I enquire having been advertised so long :wallbash:

I made a spreadsheet to compare the options, prices etc. I've been looking for heated seats, performance exhaust, adaptive suspension, sunroof, rear camera, Harmon K would be nice but not a must as they seem rare. Do they all have the same COMAND version? Watched a few videos and some people seemed to suggest it's an option but I am not sure how to tell if a car has it or what the differences are. I think all models since 2016 have Apple CarPlay which is what I wanted too.

Cheers
My CLA45 didn’t have the COMAND system, came with what was laughing called Sat Nav prepation - meant that I needed to buy an SD card with the maps to activate
but having now got the full COMAND system in my replacement car, my personal feeling is that the CLA system was better, easier to navigate and do the simple things - like having a Home button to direct me home rather than having to go into Contacts and set myself up as a contact!
not sure when Apple CarPlay became a thing, my June 2016 car didn’t have it and it wasn’t an option when I ordered it

My CLA45 didn’t have the COMAND system, came with what was laughing called Sat Nav prepation - meant that I needed to buy an SD card with the maps to activate
but having now got the full COMAND system in my replacement car, my personal feeling is that the CLA system was better, easier to navigate and do the simple things - like having a Home button to direct me home rather than having to go into Contacts and set myself up as a contact!
not sure when Apple CarPlay became a thing, my June 2016 car didn’t have it and it wasn’t an option when I ordered it
That's interesting, I watched some youtube vids where people said they wish they had added COMAND in their CLA45, I haven't tried either system so am clueless.

I may have misread this, maybe it's an option.
Every Mercedes built since 2016 is compatible with Apple CarPlay
In the VIN decoder looks like these are the options:
14U​
Smartphone Integration​
16U​
Apple Carplay Smartphone Integration​
17U​
Android Auto Smartphone Integration​

I had a 45 GLA 2017 MY built Nov 16 with premium pack and had COMAND (merc maps rather than GARMIN I think was the alternative that needed an SD but can't remember for sure ) and android auto apply car play but which needed my phone connected via USB at the time.

On Saturday I finally picked up a MY16 model, so far very happy with it! It doesn't have Carplay so looking at retrofit options and want to make some minor changes such as swap out any halogen bulbs for LED like the puddle lights, cabin etc.

Funny how people use the phrase Shooting brake on this model.....it isnt one. By definition a shooting brake is a TWO door estate (plus the tailgate of course)...like the link below....mind you Mercedes have not read the dictionary definition of a "Coupe" either...so there you go!

Mostly because that’s what Mercedes call it. When I owned mine I thought there should be a Black Series version with just the two doors (and tailgate) and a set of fat arches 😂

On Saturday I finally picked up a MY16 model, so far very happy with it! It doesn't have Carplay so looking at retrofit options and want to make some minor changes such as swap out any halogen bulbs for LED like the puddle lights, cabin etc.
Congratulations, health to enjoy.
Get some photos uploaded so we can all take a look

I'll get some photos up at some point once I get it cleaned again.

I am upgrading any halogen bulbs I find to LED so if it helps anyone new I can make a list of what I bought. I upgraded the standard gear shifter to the AMG one, it already had the GT grill, moved my pressed plates from my old car to this one, I have it booked in with a dealer to have Apple Carplay added and hopefully will install Blackvue dashcams this weekend. Also ordered some dynamic indicators to put on. Not sure if there are any other obvious styling mods, I might add a rear parking camera with guidance lines at some point.

I've found a tiny amount of chipped lacquer around the rear window, about 1cm squared. Sent photos to a well rated local bodyshop but they are saying the whole panel needs a respray so I will try and find somewhere else that might be able to reseal it as the paint is still there, just don't want more lacquer to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom