Advice on buying w212 e350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SR108

Car
Volvo
So I'm looking to get one soon, new to mercedes so I am looking for a bit of help..

I want to get the e350 CDI with sport trim but it seems there are a few different ones that have different looking interior and also there are different gearboxes ?

I'm looking at a 2012 model and it says it's g tronic.. is it the 5 speed or 7 ? Is there a particular gearbox I should go for ?

What should I look out for when viewing ?

I'm in the UK btw .

Thanks , Hopefully I'll join the Merc club soon !

I’m biased but the 212 E 350 cdi is one the best cars Mercedes ever made and it’s one of the best all round cars in the world. Ours is a 2011 and called a Sport before they started calling them an AMG line.

Obviously check it’s had all its services done properly with gearbox oil changes too. Check for corroded brake lines, and depending on mileage some suspension bushes and the shocks may need replaced. Other than that, pretty bulletproof.

As already said try to check the rear brake lines - they can corrode badly and it is not a 5 minute repair. It is a bit difficult to check them on the ground with the covers on - but if you can see corrosion on the visible part of the pipe you can be pretty sure it will be just as bad or worse behind the covers - they are terrible quality compared with other cars. The other fairly common issue with the v6 is the engine oil cooler seals, check for any sign of oil in the undertray. The seals (or the whole cooler) are not too expensive but there is a lot of dismantling to do to get to it so lots of labour cost.

As above , check for gearbox service , oil cooler seals leaking (£1000) and ideally scan the car for fault codes after a test drive .
Post a link to the car for members to look at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom