Advice on DVD recorder.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello,

We currenty have sky + and have the film channels for a few months, the drives getting quite full and I thought maybe just get a DVD recorder to copy the films from sky + to DVD's

Can this be done? I guess it has to be done in real time (ie, play film and record at same speed)

All this talk about making sure it has the digital tick? does this matter for what I want to use it for? I use sky to watch TV and the DVD drive is just to copy off the sky box?

What does anyone recommend? Given out TV will be changed soon..ish and I like the Samsung TV's Ive seen a samsung DVD recorder its only arond £80 but should do what I need?

Any help? thanks

If you get your input to the dvd recorder from your Sky+ then fret not about the digital tick. Yes you do have to record in realtime - no quick record solution. But it is easy to do and very effective.

A good idea to do this with anything you want to keep!
Sky+ boxes aren't the most reliable of things. I've had 3 boxes so far.:mad:

Yes Pammy is right - you have to record it over in real time.

I just bought a digital Sony with 250gb hard drive so you can record sky and watch freeview or vice versa on it - all for a little over £200 which strikes me as good value as it will also record on +R/RW and -R/RW formats too.

Oh and yes I too am on my 3rd Sky+ box...:(

Thanks,

touch wood the box so far has been fine (probably crash now) :)

will have a look at them and see whats what. I just thought a cheap one without H/D to be honest only to copy the films off :)

I have a fairly cheapish Phillips - no hd - does the job nicely tvm :D :D

I have the same unit as Pammy - I know this as she recommeded it.
I like that I can record 7 hours onto a disc. IE set Sky to play 7 hours worth by using the copy function, and go to bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom