advice on fitting camber bolts w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys since lowering my E via springs it is scrubbing the inside edge of tyres badly due to neg camber, ive have bought camber bolts from merc and was hoping you guys could explain on how to fit them, do's/donts pitfalls etc. I have access to a car lift. Do I need to support bottom arm when removing the original bolt etc should bolt face a certain way ie. Nut to rear of car and lastly is there a right or wrong way of fitting tia

In order to have it done correctly; you will need it done by a professional as it is very sensitive.

I have standard sports set up and 0.5 degrees out of tolerance was enough to scrub my inner edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thanks I thought it was a matter of fitting bolts and pushing bottom of whell in so no neg camber what's sensitive?

Oh thanks I thought it was a matter of fitting bolts and pushing bottom of whell in so no neg camber what's sensitive?

Tbh Thats exactly what we did on a friends w211, Sorted his Tyre wear out no problem, Theres only 3 position the wheel can be set at as far as i know using the lower camber bolts :dk:

Tbh Thats exactly what we did on a friends w211, Sorted his Tyre wear out no problem, Theres only 3 position the wheel can be set at as far as i know using the lower camber bolts :dk:

Hey bud hows tricks any more info? I tried upload pics but quoter full? Tyres scrap down to canvas but 4mmish left across nearfull width of tyre

Camber bolts you can fit yourself, I have recently done mine on my drive.

- Take out the OEM bolt from the lower control arm bush
- Insert the camber bolts with the groves face towards the outside (not pointing inwards), this creates less negative camber
- You need to make sure the camber bolts have catched the groves inside the bush. Once inserted you will need to test the camber bolt by trying to turn the camber bolt left and right. Do this gentley as you do not want to shear off the groves inside the bush
- Then tighten up the nut to 89ft lbs (OEM spec) when car sitting at it's ride height. Make sure you hold the camber bolt still and turn tighten up the nut only

Once fitted, you will need to book your car in for a wheel alignment adjustment.

How can I tighten bolt when car is dropped to its ride height I wouldnt be able to get at it? Can I not tighten it to torque requirements whilst on car lift?

If you have a four post car lift then it's easy.

If not, with the alloy on, I ended up lowering my hub onto a jack stand until I have reached my normal ride height. Take off the alloy and that will give you the access to tighten up the nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom