Advice on lowering CLS 320 cdi...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lawds

Car
CLS 320
Dear all,

I have recently bought a CLS 320 cdi and want to lower it as it sits too high in particular at the rear.

Thinking of either Eibach or H&R springs. Would be very interested in hearing from others who have lowered their car with these makes or others and their experiences with these.

I am also interested in knowing if lowering the car affects the wheel alignment. Are additional components required to be fitted to bring back into specification such as camber adjusting bolts or arms?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

Lawds.

I thought that the rear of my CLS was just a little too high , i was happy with the front and thought that around -20mm at the rear would have been perfect.

The rear springs sit on plastic discs , the more options the car has fitted then the more discs are fitted , mine had four.

I removed these discs and the rear height is now perfect , for me at least.

Before :

DSCF5601_zps4bf18973.jpg

Discs :

IMG_02841_zpspy8slgjb.jpg

Kenny

Thanks Kenny for your quick reply - appreciated. That is very interesting to know and certainly an option for me. Have you got an 'after' pic you could post up please? Cheers, Lawds.

Have you got an 'after' pic you could post up please? Cheers, Lawds.

I will post one up tomorrow when the sun comes up.

Kenny

Fantastic Kenny - look forward to seeing it. Love the CLS in black.

Pics with the discs removed, the car sits more level now rather than nose down **** up.

Dropping the car any more would not be viable around here anyway as there are some savage speed bumps with the gouges and oil stains to prove it.

20160815_094901_zpsi19wkviw.jpg

20160815_095852_zpscyubbnin.jpg

There have been no tyre wear issues over the last year since i did the work.

Kenny

There's adjustable lowering links on the bay..

One each for the front and a single for the rear.
Easy to fit and you can adjust them to get it just right.

There's adjustable lowering links on the bay..

One each for the front and a single for the rear.
Easy to fit and you can adjust them to get it just right.

I could be wrong, but these links only go with cars that have airmatic suspention ;)

Having Eibach springs on my previous car, I couldn't find any faults with them at all!

I thought that the car would end up stiffer, but the ride was more enjoyable than standard!

I think someone on this forum has lowered their CLS on Eibach springs, the thread should somewhere here, with pics (silver CLS).

Looks much better Kenny - really nice in black the CLS - thanks for putting up the pics.
Thanks guys for all your replies too.
I don't have airmatic suspension on my car so that must lead me down the Eibach or H&R springs route.
ExMercTech - the adjustable lowering links - are these for either airmatic or normal suspension - probably a stupid question ...
Litcan91 - yeah know the very post you refer too - was a while back. Posted a reply to that asking the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom