advice on LPG and fuel costs for diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kildair

Has any one converted their car to LPG? I am doing about 20,000 miles a year and am thinking of changing my car to a newer E class and converting it to LPG? I am currently filling the tenk on my E200 every 4 days, do 370 miles and it costs £60.

I am keen to hear your views about conversion or a E class that is cheaper to run given my mileage. Thanks:)

Search the Forums for "LPG" and you'll find every argument, for and against, there.

What model\engine E-class are you talking about?

Regards
John

Hello! I have 2 cars on LPG: C180 and a C200 kompressor. It was the best thing i done in my life!!! The run normally. The kit is from TARTARINI. For example: LPG = 0.65 € per liter; Gas = 1.45 €, and diesel 1.349€ per liter. So as you can see here in Portugal the GPL is the best way... Ha, i forget this they "heat" 10/11 liters/ 100 km's.

it would appear from my brief research that LPG doesn't have the same benefits on diesels as with petrol engines. The main thing is that a mix of diesel and LPG is required about 30% LPG 70% diesel. What it does do however is give better performance, lower emissions and all the fuel gets burnt, so I guess better mpg. check this site.

http://www.autogasonestop.com/diesel.htm

I did find that some companies wouldn't offer lpg on the newer E class diesels like my E320 cdi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom