Advice on purchasing a CLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

underscorebc1

Car
Cla220d
Hi guys, I'm looking to pcp a used cla200d over 4 years and will be doing around 16k p/a, looking at something around the 30k mileage mark, the car will be approved used so I will have a MB warranty for the first year.

Never owned a Mercedes before so just hoping for some advice on what to expect, service costs etc, any known faults or problems that occur in these cars around that mileage? And how much I'm going to be spending to fix them? Every car I've had before now I've had for under 2 years and have always had a full warranty.

Also looking at approved used Jaguar XE R-Lines with big specs Just over a year old with only 10k on the clock, for around the same price as I'd be paying for a 3 year old cla, with the jaguar employee privilege discount, which comes with a 2 year warranty. Currently torn between the two, jag seems like a no brainier with the discount but I just love the styling and interior on the CLA

Also what's people's opinion on purchasing a diesel now with all these rumours about the government rolling out diesel scrappage schemes, could this end up happening within the next 3-4 years?

Any advice appreciated, thanks guys

I would suggest that you take a look at the likes of a C220d if you are considering a CLA 200d. The C will almost certainly be a quicker better value car for the money - possiblly newer / lower mileage - and is RWD as opposed to FWD if you like that sort of thing.

PCP should cover you against the risk of any negativity towards diesel. If the value of the car falls more quickly than expected then the PCP will cap your exposure to that. There are a huge number of diesels about and still being bought - if scrappage is ever intoduced then it will almost certainly be staged and applied to older Euro 4 cars fopr several years before Euro 5 and 6 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom