Advice on radiator Brand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I could not wait till morning hahaha. I must say Edd it's like night and day, before in comfort mode it felt very sluggish and I thought that was how the car just drove, but after reset the engine felt so much more free. Big thumbs up :)
You should really leave your mode in S mode for normal driving.
I only know this coz I read my owners manual from cover to cover!! ;)
In C it always pulls away in 2nd. I my case it's called W - for winter I presume. It changes up earlier also.
I knew it would improve the change. Good innit!! :)

How do you do it?
-Turn on your ignition (but not the engine)
- foot all the way down on the accelerator (including kick down). Leave it down.
- After a few seconds turn ignition off
- now release the accelerator
- do not operate anything, leave the car to hibernate for at least 5 mins. (take your phone to look at or have one of your naps ;))
- Then drive the car in your usual style. Done, transmission reset to as it was when it left the factory..

I don't know whether is the case with all auto gearboxes from MB but for the 722.6 5G it is the case.

Allegedly September 2003 was when they stopped fitting Valeo radiators. Mine was built in mid September and does not have a Valeo fitted. Unless it was built earlier then you probably don't have a Valeo.

In my 2001 C240, the radiator was about the only thing that didn't go wrong LOL
hahaha i have had cars like that in the past, main one being the st220 (and they were meant to be solid engines :/)

Allegedly September 2003 was when they stopped fitting Valeo radiators. Mine was built in mid September and does not have a Valeo fitted. Unless it was built earlier then you probably don't have a Valeo.
Just looked at vin, it would appear that the build year was 2002, and the registration date was sept 2003

You should really leave your mode in S mode for normal driving.
I only know this coz I read my owners manual from cover to cover!! ;)
In C it always pulls away in 2nd. I my case it's called W - for winter I presume. It changes up earlier also.
I knew it would improve the change. Good innit!! :)
Mine says:
C - Comfort mode for normal driving
S - Sport mode for sporty driving
M - For manual gear shifting.

Is that just the difference between a 5G-tronic and a 7G-tronic box?

Either way, I normally leave it in C and pull the left paddle if I want a lower gear to overtake (then again on the right paddle to put it back in to C).

Mine says:
C - Comfort mode for normal driving
S - Sport mode for sporty driving
M - For manual gear shifting.

Is that just the difference between a 5G-tronic and a 7G-tronic box?

Either way, I normally leave it in C and pull the left paddle if I want a lower gear to overtake (then again on the right paddle to put it back in to C).
Yes, your car has the later box with those settings, us older car owners only have either C & S (2005 - 7g boxes) or in my case W & S(2002-2005).IMG_20190416_184021.jpg

Last edited:
I checked manual and to my surprise S mode stands for standard driving, thought S would of meant sport. The learning never stops haha

My W203 with 5g tronic had a valeo radiator but was 2004 production....no issues during my ownership just replaced ATF which made it a lot better.

Your CLK is 2002 model so do check for rust underneath.....and do any rust prevention

I had a look around boot, all arches and no rust whatsoever, when the wheel alignment gets done I will get them to check underneath for me. Cheers for advice :) and fingers crossed all is nice

I am saying to look out for rust as MB didn't roll out galvanizing untill 3rd quarter of 2002 , not all cars were galvanized till 2003 sometime.

I have seen CLKs and e classes with rust and they were around 2002-2003 model.

If yours is clean i would suggest taking all the arch liners off, give the area a good clean and apply waxoil or similar
I had a look around boot, all arches and no rust whatsoever, when the wheel alignment gets done I will get them to check underneath for me. Cheers for advice :) and fingers crossed all is nice

Cheers. Will be giving her a wash on weekend so will have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom