Advice on selling car....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richtw

Car
BMW
Can any one offer some advice on this one?

I have a Mercedes C43 AMG Estate which is brilliant but I need to move it on for a variety of reasons. The car is only 7 months old and on a PCP agreement, I have gone back to the original dealer to see if they will take it back but they have a ban on buying at the present time.

Is there anyway to put a car out to all the UK Mercedes dealers to see if someone will take it off me?

I am then guessing the best alternative would be Auto Trader?

Any thoughts comments or advice more than welcome...

Thank you

I understand the reluctance to advertise for an all-out private sale e.g. AuitoTrader/eBay/GumTree etc.

I suggest that you advertise instead for private sale in the forums (including this one).

You will get enquires from potential buyers who know and understand what you are selling and much less hassle, tyre-kickers, and time-wasters.

If push come to shove you can always try the likes of webuyanycar.com, though my experience with trying to sell them my car wasn't great.

In the event I ended up selling the car to a forum member, which was a quick, friendly and hassle-free transaction for us both.

And my car was a basic model - even more so when are selling an AMG.

Outstanding finance, potential crabbing issues...

Might be in for the long haul shifting it on.

Don't worry about Mr Crabby he has gone on holiday and will not be back until winter by then your car will be with a new owner. Might be an idea to get WBAC to quote on what they 'might' pay as a bench mark for going forward. What sort of £ are you hoping for or will it be a straight taking over the PCP agreement?

Looking to get about £38k, or someone can take over the PCP - not sure if Mercedes Agility will allow me to move the agreement on? is this possible?

Looking to get about £38k, or someone can take over the PCP - not sure if Mercedes Agility will allow me to move the agreement on? is this possible?

Not sure about PCP agreements but no doubt someone will know and respond accordingly. Might be an idea to list the spec to give potential buyers some idea of your car. Incidentally notice you have a C63 Coupe!! What's the story with the C43 seems like it's not necessary anyway?:thumb:

Last edited:
No only got the C43 Estate. Just looking to get into something a bit smaller as there is only ever myself in the car really! I am just driving air around!!

Good idea about the spec in the signature bit though :)

Hey man, thought I was bad with cars but you posted a fantastic C63 Coupe that you got and had wrapped in early April and we are now at the end of the month and the car has gone!! Not only that you want to shift your C43!! If I was this extreme my wife would have left me years ago, LOL.

I never posted a C63 that I had wrapped! I never had one sure you got the right person?

Strange comment about the ''potential crabbing issues...'' as based on your forum usage think you could be a dealer, perhaps even a MB dealer?

Last edited:
Strange comment about the ''potential crabbing issues...'' as based on your forum usage think you could be a dealer, perhaps even a MB dealer?

:confused:

What makes you think that whitenemesis is an MB Dealer....?

:confused:

What makes you think that whitenemesis is an MB Dealer....?

If he is, then he went waaaaay off-piste buying that Lexus! I'd think you'd get the sack for turning up to work in a Merc dealership in that.

So maybe that's two cases of mistaken identity in this thread?

If he is, then he went waaaaay off-piste buying that Lexus! I'd think you'd get the sack for turning up to work in a Merc dealership in that.

So maybe that's two cases of mistaken identity in this thread?

Interesting Doctor Watson. Let's wait for him to reply..... But it wouldn't be the first time a Forum user/dealer gave a different marque when registering... Or perhaps that the James Bond in me coming out, LOL.

Interesting Doctor Watson. Let's wait for him to reply..... But it wouldn't be the first time a Forum user/dealer gave a different marque when registering... Or perhaps that the James Bond in me coming out, LOL.

LOL indeed. ;)

LOL indeed. ;)

Thanks for responding but I guess it all helps you getting to the magical 5000 posts I suppose. But you will still be way behind the Forumeister we are talking about......;)

Thanks for responding but I guess it all helps you getting to the magical 5000 posts I suppose. But you will still be way behind the Forumeister we are talking about......;)

Don't be grumpy fella, it's Friday.

Edited to add:

What are you on about forum count? You've been here a few months, mainly moaning about a problem that you haven't even experienced to any great extent and now you're making up tales about long standing members.

If you have a problem then I suggest that you toddle off and find another forum to bombard with your needy posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

What happens when you get to 5000 posts??? Is there a reward - because I didn't get any :(

I'm in for trying for the 5000 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom