Advice on the purchase of C220 CDI Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
Following on from a previous post.

I'm off to look at a C200 CDI Estate later. Car has full dealer history, 2009, 67k, full command system, palladium silver, privacy glass.

Just looking for advice on peoples previous experience.

I use to have a c220 blue efficiency, I've got a 530d now and have come to the conclusion that I prefer saving fuel over speed.

Here is the culprit:

2usd5k0.jpg

Nice looking car!

From what I have seen and driven of them, they are perfectly fine cars. The estate I had for a week or so was like a van!

Only thing is recommend is going for the C250 or at least the C220 coming from the 530d that you are currently in.

Wife and I are totally happy with our toy laden 08 C220 estate. Satnav takes a little getting used to - 5 digit postcode only, so you find other ways to enter destination. Other than that, satnav is good. Heated seats lovely, hands free from phone in cradle in centre arm rest is superb. Only option I wish he'd ticked is parking sensors, as it's hard to tell exactly where the nose is when parking.

220 has more than enough grunt when you want it, only thing I've found is a slight hesitation when pulling away from stationary , about 1/2 second between pushing accelerator and car starting to move - but I've got used to it.

Nice looking car!
Only thing is recommend is going for the C250 or at least the C220 coming from the 530d that you are currently in.

+1 - the 220 or the 250 would be a better engine than the 200.

Thanks for the reply's.

Thinking the same about the engine, i'll probably regret the C200 over the C220

I also suspect you will - I think anything less than about 170BHP for a car this size will feel sluggish, and the fuel saving benefit will be small compared to a C220. I thought about a C250, but the additional fuel consumption etc put me off, and the 220 is more than adequate.

Had my - new - 220 AMG Estate a couple of weeks or so, and it is great. Enough get up and go when you want it, and let's face when can we really use the extra a larger more powerful car provides?
Mine is fairly standard kit, no heated seats or COMMAND. But feels nice and a quality build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom