advice on transfering a reg please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeouk

Car
2010 bmw 325d m sport coupe.......2007 transit high roof ,LWB......
ive got a cherished plate that was on my dads car but has been on retention, i looked at the certificate and its my dads name and address on it. The car its going on is in my name and registered to my address. Do i have to be a nominee on the certificate to transfer it to my car, or is it ok as long as its my dads signature on it?

No you have to be nominee and there is a £25 fee for it, I think you can now do this online.

No you have to be nominee and there is a £25 fee for it, I think you can now do this online.

Don't think you can as you have to send the original retention document back to a DVLA local office for them to add the nominee name to it.

Your Dad has to name you as the nominee and then sends the document with the £25 fee to your nearest DVLA local office.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/localoffices/findnear.aspx

Read the notes B on this pdf form, it explains what you have to do...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu...n/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_069390.pdf

Last edited:
If in doubt I'd call DVLA. I've always found them very helpful, although it may take a while to get through.

If it is on retention and in your dads name then get him to register the car in his name with the retention cert. Then when the log book comes back send it off in your name NO £25 and when you sell the car youyr dad will be named as a previous owner so won't deval;ue the car
And the plate will be on the car quicker Same day.

If it is on retention and in your dads name then get him to register the car in his name with the retention cert. Then when the log book comes back send it off in your name NO £25 and when you sell the car youyr dad will be named as a previous owner so won't deval;ue the car
And the plate will be on the car quicker Same day.

Yeah, and then when the OP has an accident and has to produce documents all in different names he's gunna be up the creek....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom