Advice on upgrading from W210 E240

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mb240

Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
I;ve had an E240 for quite a few years. I am thinking of upgrading to a 2003 year vehicle, either a CLK or E.

I was considering perhaps an 01 S, but I fancy the newer technology and dashboard, etc., in the newer models which looks very nice indeed.

Now, the specs in Ireland are usually pretty poor as we are all obviously tight bastards - myself included by buying 3 years used when depreciation is almost 50% here.

So, I was thinking of the E320 petrol and CDI, or the CLK320. I would like a bigger engine but don't fancy a 500 as the mileage would be a killer really. Maybe in an E500, but they are as rare as a sunny day here mostly.

1. The specs are minimal, but I would like a DVD COMAND, Parktronic and few more thigns that people just don't get at all here. Braybrooks offer COMAND aftermarket installs for £2500. Is this is ahigh price? Is there a problem with installing it on an E as I have read there "might" be, but no hard facts and no-one who has actually got an install done.

2. Is it worth getting COMAND or has anyone fitted another model for navi, etc., ? The whole OEM look does v nice however.

3. The cars: I would ideally prefer the W211 as I have no real need of a coupe or want, and get a Brabus kit installed from mercedesperformance UK.

4. Am I missing out on any other alternatives in this price range? Should I be looking at BM's? A pimped out W211 looks the bomb though, especially with some big rims :).

Importing from UK for a high spec model is not an option as we have 30% VRT loading on top of the Irish estimated resale price, so a UK£20k ends up at around €45k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom