Advice on W203(2001) COMAND 2.0, Aftermarket Head Unit & Backup Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madhurya

Car
Mercedes C200 (2001)
Hi guyz,

I am new to this website and new to the Mercedes club. I just bought a Mercedes W203 2001 C200 which only has a Radio Audio 10. After going through couple of websites I got to know that it can be upgraded into a Mercedes COMAND 2.0 or to a aftermarket head unit such as MERCEDES-BENZ C-Class/W203 C200/C220/C230 HD LCD Screen GPS Navi Car DVD Player | eBay

I want to know what unit suits best for my vehicle.

Additionally I look forward to fit in a Reverse camera aswell. So as far as i know there is no direct reverse cam input in the COMAND 2.0 but it is there in the aftermarket unit. Is there an easy way to fix the reverse cam into the COMAND 2.0? if so, how can i do it? and will the display of COMAND 2.0 switch automatically to the reverse camera when i put to the gear to the reverse position?

Please advice me on this.

Thank you

Comand 2.0 is old and outdated, try one out first and see if it meets your needs. Comand 2.0 retrofit info here: MWSTEWART.CO.UK | COMAND 2.0 Retrofit

Dynavin make a direct replacement. Search this forum and google for more info on them. dynavin

Just buy a tomtom... it isnt worth the hassle Comand 2.5 wont fit AFAIK and as already stated Comand 2.0 is so out of date it isnt worth bothering.

Hey guyz thanx alot for the information. Can you guyz please suggest me a good reverse camera which will fit my car. Is it possible for me to fix it without drilling a hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom