Advice on wiring a Bluetooth adaptor into the glovebox ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McKeefy

Car
B160 W245
Hi, I just bought my first MB, it's a 2011 B160 and I am loving it :) The car has the Standard Audio20 unit and there's an AUX plug in the glove-box that not only works it sounds really good! I have been using a little blue-tooth adaptor to play wireless music from my phone, I currently keep the adaptor in the glove box and power it using a microusb cable from the Cigarette lighter plug and I am looking for some suggestions on how I should tidy the wiring up.

My thinking is that I will stick the adaptor to the side of the glove box as I have a very short audio cable that I use to connect it to the aux plug but I am sure about the best way to get power to it. I don't want to cut / drill anything if possible so I was thinking about getting a charger with a dedicated microusb cable and then just experiment trying to workout how to get the wire into the glove box.

So before I give this a shot I was wondering if anyone got any suggestions on the best way to do this ?

microusb_charger.jpg

There is no multi-disk or media interface unfortunately and they don't look very easy to install but my phone (Samsung A6 2017) appears to work perfectly streaming to both my Bluetooth adaptor and at the same time the cars built in bluetooth phone.

Cheers
Keith.

Hello depending on the voltage maybe use a piggy back fuse like hardwiring a dash cam.

buy a b t adaptor with recharchable battery built it , they play for over 3 hours between a charge . depends how long your journeys are i suppose , but you can plug a lead from cig lighter to keep it powered if you so wish .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom