Advice please;

Read OP :)

• 56 Reg C55 AMG

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • 05 Reg SLK55 AMG

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Hi guys,

I've been offered a swap for a silver 2005 SLK55 AMG, thing is the car is a 05 reg and has covered nearly 60K and needs a B service soon.

My car needs nothing at all and it is in perfect condition, everything the car needs gets, all the B service has been carried 2.5K early etc plus it's on a dec 56 so it's nearly 2yrs younger with 44K miles.

I've previously had a 56 reg SLK55 PP for a short amount of time and that was full of hassle, roof motor went twice, oil cooler had some sort of issue etc.. but I do miss it out of all the cars i've had!

Also one of my main concerns is the 7G box I've not experienced issues with it when I had my slk but I've read on forums that it isn't that reliable and I know guys who had some problems etc..

I know both these cars have more or less the same market value around 18-20K

Just want to know what you guys would do etc..?

Thanks for any help:thumb:

Last edited:
Although obviously I'm biased towards the SLK, with my sensible head on I'd say keep what you've got. You've got no issues with it, it's just as quick as the SLK, why change? Unless you *must* have a convertible, of course..

Cheers,

Gaz

Unless you would prefer to have an SLK......keep the car you know and have had maintained. There is never any benefit in changing cars unless you need to do so.

Mic

Read your own thread and I think you will see your decision in your own print.

I do like the SLK55's, they are one of my fav MB's, just love the feel of it with the noise etc and now we have a couple of week of summer it is tempting...

My head is saying don't do it and my heart is saying go for it, lol.:D

You could say 60K is not much for that kind of car and also considering I only do about 7-8K a year.

The AMS headers for my C55 arrived today... but they also fit the SLK55:doh:

I`d say keep the C55,much rarer car on the road

Keep the C55, it's far rarer than the SLK, stealthier, and more practical.

The SLK will hold it's money better, because I remember you saying that you would like a C63 so if you went for one of those in a year it would make sense.

However, your car will probably cost you next to nothing to run over a year, so it is a 50/50 decision I think.
I voted for you to keep the C55 on this basis.

Poll results are interesting so far!

If you did change, you'd have to buy some Vidal Sassoon hair care products and a hair dryer to put in the boot - you are quite liderally saving cash there.

Go with what you know. If you really wanted to change you wouldn't need to ask if its right its right if its not your unsure.

C55 mate, all day long.

If you need to change car, there is one only option. The C63 amg.

I see what you mean Steve, I don't really need to change, i'm more than happy keeping the C55 but I do sometimes miss the open top driving.

that's what I loved about the M3 & SLK specially:cool:

I read somewhere you were thinking of getting a new race licence.

Would a Caterham not set you up well?

I did think about that and know some people who do these sorts of things but sadly with my job I don't have much time but deffo something for the future...

LOL! :p

slk55 isn't, it's a mans car it's a mental car, even Clarkson bought one, plus you gotta love the SLR bonnet ;)

I would get an SLK and mod the hell out of it. They are nice little cars especially if you don't need four doors and 3 extra seats.

Here's the one I like. It is Kleemann supercharged, cammed, wide-bodied, has CF bonnet and ADV.1 wheels.

5894795023_d5be9e8c05_b.jpg

5894794689_ae9e3cca94_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom