Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
A few weeks ago when I thought I'd upgrade the CLK rear lights I rang a breakers as they had suitable lights in stock on a vehicle... they said 1 may be damaged and they would check when it was removed... in the photo I saw online it looks obviously scratched or cracked.. anyway... they then called to say it was removed and nothing was mentioned about the marks but if I don't want it I don't need to collect the damaged 1 ... anyway I just thought i'd leave it as i changed my mind about upgrading them anyway, there would be no point just buying 1 side anyway doesnt seem worth the effort as it easier to source them in pairs... and I certainly don't want any scratches or damaged lights.... so then now he left a voicemail saying let me know if you want them or not and was very very rude etc... and that there may be a removal charge if i don't want them... I don't see how they can enforce this... surely I have the right to change my mind??? They are a car breakers after all taking parts is not too big of an issue is it? They have my name and address as they took this during the phone call... I really have no idea what to do.. shall I email him and say I've changed my mind?

Advice is greatly appreciated

I emailed them to say I no longer need them.. let's see what happens :D

If there is nothing in writing and the agreement is only verbally then it's not going to be binding.
Do they have anyway to take the money from your credit card etc? If not email and say no thanks.

If there is nothing in writing and the agreement is only verbally then it's not going to be binding.
Do they have anyway to take the money from your credit card etc? If not email and say no thanks.

Nah they don't have my CC. We discussed availability etc over email, then I rang them to actually ask for the parts.. so nothing in writing as you say :D
I dropped them an email saying no thanks haha

Cheers
Abs

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on .

Since you never visited in person , I'd think distance selling rights apply and you have 14 days to change your mind .

Also if no mention of removal/cancellation charge beforehand , then hard to see how it can be enforced - he spent 10 mins tops removing two lights , it's not like he spent half a day pulling an engine out .

This happens all the time as a trader of auto repair work and selling new /flogging used parts.

Fact of business life really! Customers change their minds and we have to get used to it!
Its a fact of life being part of just doing business..
Tell 'em to get stuffed if they come back at you..
Tuercas viejas

If they were in perfect condition and they'd turned down another customer, then maybe they'd have a right to be annoyed... but they shouldn't be surprised that you don't want a cracked part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom