Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effy37

Car
C63s saloon
I’m would like some advice please

I have come away and forgot to put my trickle charger onto my W205 C63, I will be away for a month, I don’t have anyone I can ask to go and put it on, do you guys think it will be okay, or do you think the battery will discharge itself

It will be touch and go. It might just start up but I'd make some plans for jump starting it as a backup. Kind of also depends what state the battery was in before you left...

My s205 went into dealers to have a new front airmatic strut. Strut was on back order so car sat at dealers for 10 weeks and did not move my Mercedes Me app finally sent a battery critical warning two days before the car was fixed. I had replaced the battery in February last year so was only 7 months old. The battery that I removed in February was just over 4 years old and Mercedes Me would send the battery critical warning if the car was left 3 weeks. So as Steve84N says touch and go.

If the battery was fully charged at the start and the battery was in good health then 4 weeks should be OK.

6 weeks is likely to be pushing it.

Personally I'd give it a full charge when I got back before attempting to start it.

Cheers guys, I have arranged for my son in law to take it out next weekend when he gets back into the uk, at least if he runs it around for an hour or so it should charge it right up again

And when he puts it away again make sure he puts the tricle charger onto it! In the past I have left my 968 for 10-12 weeks unused but with a battery conditioner attached and it's been perfect, fully charged and started first time when I finally got home to take her out!

It should be fine. Mine is left every winter. Even better if the garage is heated.
Regards
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom