Advice re. removal of bonnet emblem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sali

Car
clk 230 K
Hi,
Just picked up my 2nd hand 230K CLK today and am really impressed with it. I have 2 quick questions:

1.Can anyone tell me how to correctly remove the bonnet star?
(I have a flat emblem kit to replace it with.)

2. How do you remove the metal door sills (i want to replace these with Merc/AMG logo ones).

Thanks

SAli

I'm sure someone will confirm, but if you want a quick answer, I think the bonnet ornament bolts on from the underside and the sills are just held on with adhesive.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I'm sure someone will confirm, but if you want a quick answer, I think the bonnet ornament bolts on from the underside and the sills are just held on with adhesive.
I don't know how the bonnet ornament works, but...

The sills are held on with friction, just pull them up from one end as hard as you can and they will come away from the metalwork. The nicer sills actually need these underneath them though, they are not a direct replacement. If you want pics of how to pull these things off or what's underneath them, just let me know. If you had come to the GTG yesterday you could have asked someone in person, I would have been more than happy to rip the sills off my car or anyone elses! My car was in bits yesterday anyway...

open the bonnet and look under where the badge is,there is a plate on the badge that you turn 90 degrees and that will then allow the badge assembly to lift out of the bonnet.
you may need a bit of force to turn the circular plate.
not sure about the sills,if they are not glued they will just be clipped into the sill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom