Advice re. Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
I am wanting to put a set of new boots on my R230 SL.

I was going to go the Continental or Michelin route, but two people whose judgement I trust have suggested the Vredestein Ultrac Vortis.

They get superb reviews from what I have read and rank very highly on TyreReview, but although they aren't cheap I am struggling to see them as a real quality tyre compared to a Michelin for instance.

Has anyone tried them on a big Merc? I know they are a new design, but it is worth a question.

Had Vreds on my A4 3.00tdi quattro for over 20,000 miles .Drove them very hard and really good all round but very very good in the wet.They were superb and better than the original Conti in my opinion. Local tyre dealer so impressed with them that he offered to take Vreds back and replace with Conti if I was not wholly satisfied, which says something. Get them you will not be disappointed

Not used the Vorti's but last 2 sets on my E55 have been Ultrac Sessanta's. I like them and cope well on my car, good value and although it shouldn't matter they look good too!

Hi
I ran them on my leon fr tdi for 20,000 and they were only 3/4 worn excellet tyres had the sessantas on a 3 series bmw compact and were great on that when they wore out i had falkens which after the sessantas were dire they are niw my first tyre of choice

Thanks for the replies, all good reports so far. I am coming round to the idea :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom