Advice / recommendation for smd side lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Hi all. As title suggests ... I have a W210 and want to change the 'inner' side light bulbs for some of those SMD ultra white canbus jobbies, the standard bulbs are just so dated being a dull yellow-ish colour.
So, has anyone changed theirs for any particular make / type and achieved the desired result of a super white & bright side light?
There seems to be literally hundreds on the 'bay' and tbh it seems to be a bit of a gamble as to which ones to buy as every seller claims theirs are the best for performance / reliability / price etc:
Does anyone have any personal recommendations? :thumb:
I already have a pair of Osram nightbreakers for the main / dipped beams but really fancy the SMD's for the sidelights.

If, like my S204, they're T10 501's, I'd recommend these that I have fitted to the 204 and to the 968 :
T10 501 W5W CAR SIDE LIGHT BULBS ERROR FREE CANBUS 6 & 10SMD LED XENON HID WHITE | eBay, the 10 SMD versions.

The good thing is that they do not have sharp edges to catch when removing the holder to access them ('cos you've put them into the holder wrong way up and forgottent to test them before refitting the holder - ask me how I know!).

Thanks for the reply but I have the bayonet type with pins set at 150 degrees. There are plenty to choose from on the 'bay' but would have been good to have a recommendation from anyone on here that has bought a particular make and rated their performance over standard.
I guess i'll just buy some and see how they perform, no great loss if they turn out pants as they're only £5-£6.

I'm also looking to replace the sidelights on the W210 I'm getting next week for the same reason as you.

I did find another older thread on here which mentioned Auto Bulbs Direct (http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/) and, if you put your registration number in, it gives you the bulb types you need.

For my car, according to ABD, LED sidelight bulbs are H6W (434) bayonet bulbs (H6W (434) bayonet LED bulbs for cars, vans and motorcycles.) but they're out of stock at the moment.

I'd be interested to know if you find another source? From what I can gather these bulbs need to be 'canbus' bulbs as otherwise the car thinks the bulb is out as they draw less power than filament bulbs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom