Advice Required for ABS/BAS ESP Management Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raz1985

Car
CLK 2.3 Cabriolet
Hi All,
I am having ABS/BAS ESP problems again :(, i remember the light coming on over a year ago, and I was advised by an independent Mercedes garage to replace the ABS module, which I didn't because after changing a few things i.e brake light switch, also cleaning the air flow etc the light went off but back then it was only one light which was the BAS/ESP. Recently the ABS and BAS/ESP light came on, I got it diagnosed (Star), the main problems were as follows:

P200B-B2/5 (Hot film mass air flow), Plausibility error mass air flow sensor/ throttle valve (P0101) - This issue has been resolved, after investigation, the secondary valves (two small pipes were broken), which have been replaced. also when I had the same issue last year, I did change the air flow sensor, which was OME (VOD) one. I know the main reason for this issue is using cheap petrol and driving short journeys, also always driving on an empty tank:wallbash:, i did also use a fuel tank cleaner (forte). also changed the brake light switch again (febi).

C1000-064- Check Control unit N47-5(ESP and BAS control Module) - ive been advised to replace the ABS module, which i was advised last year, and reason i didn't change it last year was because it was costing over £400 on eBay, but recently when i checked i found the prices have dropped to about £150m which is a bit more reasonable, which i don't mind replacing but want to know it will actually fix my issue, honestly driving and braking wise i don't have any issues, everything seems fine. also, the light comes and goes, sometimes doesn't come on for a week then comes on every time I start for a day or two and then stops again. i can only get the module and the pump together but do i need to change the pump as well? im thinking i might as well and do the brake fluid etc at the same time?

Please, any advice is appreciated, i don't mind changing the module and pump long as it resolves my issue, i don't really want to sell my car or scrap it, its still got a lot of life for a 2002 clk with 90k.

aviary-image-1494623618906.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom