Advice sought for Nextbase rear dashcam install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkG14

Car
W204
Trying to install a rear dashcam in my W204 C-Class.

Nextbase supply a 6.5m lead to connect the rear camera to the front camera (already installed), of which I only need approx 2.5m

The problem I have is hiding the unwanted 4m of cable within the existing door trim/ roof lining.

Has anyone had a similar problem with this make of dashcam?

I was thinking of maybe cutting the cable and rejoining it, but not sure if this is advisable.

Anyone?

Nextbase supply a 6.5m lead to connect the rear camera to the front camera (already installed), of which I only need approx 2.5m

The problem I have is hiding the unwanted 4m of cable within the existing door trim/ roof lining.

I was thinking of maybe cutting the cable and rejoining it, but not sure if this is advisable.

Anyone?

Anyone?
Sorted!

Found the rear window pillar has a nice cavity large enough to store the excess cable.

Yes I just hid my extra cable too in rear pillar , it’s better long than short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom