Advice sought GLA 45 purchase opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Hi folks, a friend of mine has been smitten today by a GLA 45 he has seen on a forecourt. Has asked me for my input re the potential purchase, so I am in turn asking for any assistance re pitfalls, strengths, weaknesses, etc of this model. Seems like a decent spec but I must admit I don't know whats standard, not sure if it is a bit strong on the price though :dk:

Here is the link and thank you in advance for any input :thumb:

I wish the selling dealer had condensed the description down a little, too much to read… :D

Lovely car but I agree the price is a little optimistic given that it’s the old interior.

I know a guy who is good mates with Mr Redline.

I know a guy who is good mates with Mr Redline.
Why am I not surprised Matt ;) Am I right in thinking he started off in M'boro?

I dont know where he started( there is redline porsche in thornaby but that's a different company)but he has got some cracking motors!
I went to look at an SL63 There a few years ago and walked away wanting more 🤣🤣.
He had a nice red sls cabrio I was considering a couple of months back, could have probably saved £10k but it was still a bit much

IMHO that car looks a bit of a tart's handbag both inside and out, with the 'bonus' of a stuck-on iPad on the dash, but I'm sure it goes extremely well.

Well. Like the ‘stuck on’ IPad look or not. MB Have shifted plenty of them across the model range so they’re not all bad. I liked the C Class (205) interior in 2015 and I still like it now.

I think the older generation tend to not like the modern look. 🤷‍♂️

Where the modern look is a tart's handbag, I don't care for it, and I'm part of the older generation, so you're correct there. It's an age thing...

I'm not sure the pictures of it are as they were taken either - like those on the CLK55 Darrell posted earlier.

Not that it matters much if the car has been seen on the forecourt as stated.

Well. Like the ‘stuck on’ IPad look or not. MB Have shifted plenty of them across the model range so they’re not all bad. I liked the C Class (205) interior in 2015 and I still like it now.

I am a old bastard and I have no issue whatsoever with the stuck on iPad look. It's just in that particular pic with the large border and lo res icons just looks somewhat cheapy on a 40 grand motor

I am a old bastard and I have no issue whatsoever with the stuck on iPad look. It's just in that particular pic with the large border and lo res icons just looks somewhat cheapy on a 40 grand motor
Yeah. I’ve said many a time, the thick black boarder does look a little naff. It would improve the appearance if the screen was like a Samsung infinity where it almost wraps around the edge a wee bit.
6F839A7C-0FB1-4FB0-A447-26A38EE02223.jpeg

Anyhow, you’re not a bastard

Yeah, who likes to be able to see the screen anyway?

Give me the tiny screens that I have to squint to read and take my eyes off the road anyday.

Anyhow, you’re not a bastard

No denouncing the "old" bit though! 😂

Reminds me of Lee Mack in a show at the Apollo where he says to an attractive lady in the front row (wearing a "C is for Crack Whore" top) "You don't look like the sort of person who... takes crack". 😂

No denouncing the "old" bit though! 😂

Reminds me of Lee Mack in a show at the Apollo where he says to an attractive lady in the front row (wearing a "C is for Crack Whore" top) "You don't look like the sort of person who... takes crack". 😂
Glad you spotted that one John. We also remember the Lee Mack show. We watched that stand up just last weekend with our daughter & her bf. 😁

Not many opinions on the car then! I'm the wrong person to comment (but clearly I'm not going to let that stop me!), as I really cannot see £40k value in a pumped up A-class.

Would your friend not prefer a real car for that money? Perhaps something more like this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109107216046

Or this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109107209640

Or even this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109097156851

Why the GLA in particular and not just an A45? Have a look at Church's Performance stock.
I assume it's similar to an A45 in that the biggest "risk" is the gearbox crunch, not sure if it was fixed in 2019 but should at least be covered by Mercedes.
Only thing it looks to be missing is the dynamic pack (adaptive suspension and race mode) again, assuming it's the same as the A45 range.
Never driven a GLA but our A45 is the best car we've had without a doubt, far superior to the CLS63 in all but noise 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom