Advice - Switch from w204 to w205 C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iggu

Car
C63 AMG
I would really appreciate some views on this. I have a Palladium Silver C63 registered in December 2013, has 29000 miles on the clock and all red leather. I have been a member here since the day I bought the car - my purchase thread is on here somewhere. I love the car and have caught the AMG bug completely. I considered an ML63 earlier in the year but decided they aren't for me (yet).

Now .... a 16 plate w205 in Obsidian Black with under 20k miles has caught my eye. Available from a main dealer (so I presume you still get a 2 year AMG warranty) and I think the switching cost would be around £10k on it.

I have three questions.
1. Do you think this would be an upgrade worth spending £10k on?
2. To members who have owned both cars - what are the mains pros and cons of making the change?
3. What are the must-have options on the w205 if you are coming from the w204?

Any comments very gratefully received.

1. Do you think this would be an upgrade worth spending £10k on?
Yes definitely, unless you're doing very few miles and it's only a weekend toy (in which case you'll have to decide whether that's money well spent !).
My similar upgrade cost me £20k and I don't regret it at all.

2. To members who have owned both cars - what are the mains pros and cons of making the change?
The whole vehicle and driving experience has moved on with the new generation (W205).
The interior is much more modern and entertaining (has more useful toys, and LSD as standard).
It's also cheaper to run. (at least in petrol and vehicle tax)

3. What are the must-have options on the w205 if you are coming from the w204?
Switchable exhaust - makes me giggle every time !
I also think the analogue clock looks quite classy.
Decent set of wheels.

Do not make the mistake -
The new 205 is also pig ugly

The new TT engines are no match for the M156 -

M156 vs m157 amg engines c63 e63 amg

You are posting links to comparisons of the wrong engine...the 205 doesn't have an M157 engine...

Also, the old 204 looks extremely dated IMO, the 205 is too small, but a better-looking car. That is pretty much fact, but of course just IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom